User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Chelsea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the ollie and the ivy View Post
    hmm true, id say we gave a bit of go compared to chelsea. after conceding 8 in our last two games, I'm glad we kept a clean sheet but mourinho iddnt want to win that game at all. he did the same at united when they played.
    I agree, that's what you expect from Mourinho.

Defensively we were fine but that stale performance was all too familiar and disappointing again. Hopefully we can keep knocking off the pub teams because we're probably not going to be beating many of the sides around us by the looks of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mourinho on the mikel tackle on arteta
    they like to cry, its tradition
    i hope someone hits that cunt in the face with a hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky going to extraordinary lengths to excuse the chav tactics. Lets see what they say next time on of ours puts in a bad tackle. I think you can guess.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how have these two tackles not received a red card yet jack gets banned for a middle finger? we have had edurardo, ramsey and diaby break legs because of these, we don't need anymore
    Nah, I don't think it was a red. I agree with Neville on that one. Glad Arteta isn't injured because it looked nasty but I wouldn't compare that to Diaby or Eduardo. Neither player had the ball. But we should have had a penalty and the ref let some silly fouls go. One on Ozil was nasty from Ivanovic.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    A game all about mike dean. He was the standout performer and had total influence over the result. The two teams? Chavs desperately negative, us desperately sloppy again, especially in front of goal. Poor day for Giroud, Ramsey and Walcott.
    Ramsey had one of those games, sloppy passing throughout. Walcott was triple teamed through a good part of the match, so was pretty much anonymous. Giroud needs to be a bit more intelligent in front of goal, and use his brain a bit more. Admittedly his all round game, holding and laying off the ball has improved but to be honest that's bread and butter for most top class strikers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny how people think all of our problems would magically be solved if we sign a world class striker - they wont. Our problems run deeper than that.

I'm not overly concerned by today's result but the performance was uninspiring. We always struggle to break down organised teams because our passing is too slow and predictable. I'd be more worried if I was a Chelsea fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your critiscms of arsenal tonight should be the exact same for chelsa then given they offered nothing going forward either. poor result but its christmas and we are second on goal difference and you are moaning. you won't ever be happy will you?

our next league games should be all winnable while the top sides play each other, we can hopefully build a good lead before the next tough run.
    Not really no because I don't give a sh*t about Chelsea and anyway they've won challenged for stuff in the last 9 years. In addition, they are capable of winning big games, clearly we're not.

No I'm not happy because we threw away point at Everton, got thrashed by Man City and have now dropped more points at home, that's in addition to losing top place in our CL group. When it matters we go missing, we're just too lightweight to be honest you never get the feeling we can win these matches when you watch them, maybe we lack a competitive edge.

Newcastle away is a game we could easily lose and given our form at the moment no game is a gimme.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joint top at christmas

Let's leave the criticism for the inevitable collapse in February/March.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chelsea's record against the big sides this season. played united, chelsea and spurs away. all draws and all boring games. they were lucky to beat city at home. they are shit and hardly capable of winning the big games based on this season.

everton were the best team we have played all season, its not throwing away a point, don't be stupid. man city was just awful, shocking and I'm glad we looked defensively good today. top place in the champions league is irrelevant, all sides in that draw would have been tough. funny that at christmas, the side who are top were made to look shit by us.

i never said newcastle was a 100% nailed n win, i said it should be winnable but we have to play well. second at christmas on goal difference, thats superb. you moaned we never competed when fighting for fourth, you moan when we are competing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    It's funny how people think all of our problems would magically be solved if we sign a world class striker - they wont. Our problems run deeper than that.

I'm not overly concerned by today's result but the performance was uninspiring. We always struggle to break down organised teams because our passing is too slow and predictable. I'd be more worried if I was a Chelsea fan.
    With a world class striker, atleast we would have had 3 points today and still be top of the league