User Tag List

Page 101 of 187 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1861

Thread: Honest Frank the Muppet and other Chavs sh!t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Cashley actually swerves off the road this time, and his a tree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor old Big Man left to run the ship by himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big man will be Chelsea manager in 10 years tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Big man will be Chelsea manager in 10 years tbh.
    He already is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gervinho's Forehead View Post
    He already is.
    True. But it will be official.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benitez believes Fernando Torres was at his peak at Liverpool.

The new Blues boss has called on Torres to attempt to get back to that level with the help of his team-mates, but is unsure how close he can get.

Torres, 28, scored 81 goals in 142 appearances for Liverpool but has only got 19 since his 2011 move to Chelsea.

"It [Torres' form] is not the same now as when he was at his maximum but I think he can come back," Benitez said.

"How close? I don't know. It depends on the rest of the team. I think he can improve but the team has to help him."

Chelsea are without a win in five league games ahead of Wednesday's meeting with local rivals Fulham. Benitez, who takes charge of his second Chelsea game since replacing Roberto Di Matteo last week, believes some added physicality will help Torres.

"The first thing is to give him some confidence; give him instructions of what he can do in a different way to improve him and the rest of the team a little bit physically," said Benitez.

Chelsea have managed just one clean sheet in their last 11 outings which came in Sunday's 0-0 draw with Manchester City and Benitez believes that tightening up the defence will ease pressure on Torres having to score.

The former Liverpool manager also hinted he may change the shape of the side to help them improve defensively as Chelsea have used just 19 players in the Premier League - less than any other team.

"When you have a striker you always think he has to score," said Benitez.

"If you can be stronger in defence, you can regain the ball easier, you have more chances because you have more possession so that is the idea.

"We try to improve them a little bit physically and the shape of the team if we can, then keep the good things that they had."

Benitez will be hoping for his first win on Wednesday as he has a battle on his hands to win over disgruntled supporters who are annoyed the Spaniard was brought in to replace Di Matteo.

The Blues' faithful made their opinions clear by booing Benitez before their draw with City, but the former Liverpool manager remains unperturbed.

"If you have a player that has not got the support of the fans what I will tell him is: 'Stay focused. Try to do your job and concentrate on your football'," he added.

"For me it is the same. I understand how the fans feel at the moment."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20513871
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea have admitted their "regret" at not giving more consideration to allegations against referee Mark Clattenburg made by their players.

The admission follows a meeting which took place on Monday afternoon at St George's Park between Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the Premier League and Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck.

The FA dismissed complaints last week that Clattenburg had abused Jonn Obi Mikel during Chelsea's defeat to Manchester United in October.

In return the referees say they understand the club was duty-bound to make a complaint given the allegations.

A joint statement made by all parties said: "There was a constructive and open discussion. The club regrets not having given more consideration before issuing a statement on the evening of Sunday 28th October.

"The club also regrets the subsequent impact the intense media scrutiny had on Mark Clattenburg and his family.

"The referees accept that, given Chelsea FC had received a good faith claim from one of their employees, the club had an obligation under FA rules to report the allegation.

"There was recognition by all parties that the impartiality and integrity of refereeing in this country remains paramount.

"Chelsea FC made it clear they would welcome Mark Clattenburg back to Stamford Bridge in the future and PGMOL would have no issue in appointing him to a Chelsea FC match going forward.

"It was a thoroughly professional meeting. All parties now believe it is time to draw a line under this incident, learn from it and move on for the good of all Premier League clubs, players and match officials."
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...tenburg-affair
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 27-11-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they regret it? how fucking difficult is it to say sorry

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a sad, sad situation.

And it's getting more and more absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    they regret it? how fucking difficult is it to say sorry