Page 176 of 187 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1861

Thread: Honest Frank the Muppet and other Chavs sh!t

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Leeds didn't sell their best players after winning the title., that was years later after O'Leary.
    *checks*

Ok, fair enough

But they were still well ahead of where Chelsea are now after 16 games the season after they were champions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters To Santa View Post
    *checks*

Ok, fair enough

But they were still well ahead of where Chelsea are now after 16 games the season after they were champions.
    Can't verify that either way, but they ended up 6th from bottom in a 22 team league 3 places above the relegation positions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't verify that either way, but they ended up 6th from bottom in a 22 team league 3 places above the relegation positions.
    I know, but you also can't know where Chelsea would have been at the end under Mourinho.
    I did verify it, they had 21 points after 16 games. Pretty poor for reigning Champions, but better than 15 points

I don't even know the last time a defending Champion was quite this poor, it's utter humiliation for them and it's all because of Mourinho. Lovely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a shame, he was really taking them in the right direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leeds United.

Think have gone wrong no doubt, but too early to sack him IMO and he'll recover fine with little effect, he's proven he can win and I doubt a small blip like this will affect him or his desirability for big clubs.
    You had to go back quite a while to find that one. I'm also pretty sure they sold Cantona and their main striker Lee Chapman the season after winning the title (although I may be wrong) and entered into the Champions League. A few mitigating circumstances that probably impacted quite heavily on a team that had been in the old Division Two a few years earlier. Compared to Chelsea and their 'supreme' manager and prospective 'world player of the year' Hazard, along with all the financial muscle and recent success they have been built on, the two sides couldn't be more different really.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I don't get why the fans are upset to be honest, it shows they know nothing about the man. The results were never going to turn around for them whilst he stayed, he is getting progressively more ill. His narcassism meant that the writing was on the wall back in August and hoping that just keeping him on would change anything is pointless, he brought that squad back into pre season too late and they were unprepared and he did his usual scape goat tactics publically humiliating his club Doctor....then it's his players and the officials it's everyone's fault but his.
    Only a man who could even for a second acknowledge his faults have any chance of turning things around, it had clearly degenerated to a battle of wills between manager and owner....he was almost brazenly daring him to sack him.
    Mourinho cannot settle at a club long term and he will never moderate his unacceptable behaviour because he has a personality disorder, one that drives him but one that is destructive.
    Inter and Porto were his most successful clubs because he never stayed long enough to develop acrimony.
    Wherever he ends up it will end the same, there can never be a happy ending because of the nature of a deranged individual

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some incredibly rich guy has sacked another rich guy who fell out with a bunch of rich kids and now the first rich guy will have to pay loads of money to hire another rich guy and the second rich guy will get paid a fortune to go and find another job where he gets paid a fortune. Beyond the talk it doesn't seem to me this is related to the fans in any way, whether they are chavs or not. Different world.

All told, the chavs prove they have no class, yet again. Their chavvy Russian gangster owner proves, again, money is no object in his quest to buy status. The chavvy Portuguese bloke proves he can't build anything of substance and the chavvy fairweather gits who claim to play for the club prove they are only up for it when the going is easy. Sounds like your typical modern football club to me.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope the top clubs start to overlook him now, he'll probably still get a top job because he can deliver in the short term, but his reputation as an abrasive wanker has never been as prominent as it is now. The guy needs to spend time in the gutter, it might actually do him some good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The players have done it before, they got AVB the sack (Lampard/Big Man/Drogba etc)

They got Maureen the sack

And they'll probably start winning their games now.