Page 177 of 187 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1861

Thread: Honest Frank the Muppet and other Chavs sh!t

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    And they'll probably start winning their games now.
    I'm sure they will. I'd back them to finish top 6 now, top 4 is going to be tricky.
    They're not suddenly a bad squad of players but they clearly no longer wanted to play for him.
    It shows him up for the fraud he is, fine if you give him a big chequebook and you want to buy short term success, utterly toxic in the long term because of the disruption he causes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters To Santa View Post
    I'm sure they will. I'd back them to finish top 6 now, top 4 is going to be tricky.
    They're not suddenly a bad squad of players but they clearly no longer wanted to play for him.
    It shows him up for the fraud he is, fine if you give him a big chequebook and you want to buy short term success, utterly toxic in the long term because of the disruption he causes.
    I think it’s both and that’s why it turned so toxic. We’ve seen this with City and other Chelsea managers. After winning the league, teams get complacent so keeping them focused is difficult. It’s worse when you have mercenaries that care nothing for the club. I can’t imagine Mourinho not preparing properly for a game but I can imagine his attitude rubbing the players the wrong way. If he has loyal players he’ll find a way to piss off the board. Definitely not a long term solution but I also think his players are a disgrace.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of modern players are a disgrace. Overpaid, pampered, prima-donnas, most of them.
    (Not our lot though, obviously. They're lovely)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Professionals" who get paid hundreds of thousands a week and are in such an incredibly privileged position and they can't be bothered to turn out because somebody hurt their feelings? These guys should be shot to make way for kids who would cut their fucking arm off for the opportunity.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I think it’s both and that’s why it turned so toxic. We’ve seen this with City and other Chelsea managers. After winning the league, teams get complacent so keeping them focused is difficult. It’s worse when you have mercenaries that care nothing for the club. I can’t imagine Mourinho not preparing properly for a game but I can imagine his attitude rubbing the players the wrong way. If he has loyal players he’ll find a way to piss off the board. Definitely not a long term solution but I also think his players are a disgrace.
    I don't think any manager in the UK has handled the modern situation quite like Fergie.

He had it as nailed on as it was possible to be with perhaps the exception of his handling of Rooney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, Fergie is the only one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm amazed by the amount of slack he's getting. Chelsea have fired managers for far less in the last decade, you suspect that if it was anyone other than Mourinho, they'd have been shown the door weeks or months ago. Added to which, yeah, the players have to take some responsibility but it takes two to tango - if Mourinho has managed to alienate and piss off his own players so much that they throw in the towel, he has to own that. Instead, as usual, he's picked fights, blamed everyone bar himself and left acrimoniously.

For all the talk that Chelsea won't find a better manager, I'm far more concerned about them now than I was before. Say what you like about Abramovich being trigger happy, when he changes managers mid season, it tends to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm amazed by the amount of slack he's getting. Chelsea have fired managers for far less in the last decade, you suspect that if it was anyone other than Mourinho, they'd have been shown the door weeks or months ago. Added to which, yeah, the players have to take some responsibility but it takes two to tango - if Mourinho has managed to alienate and piss off his own players so much that they throw in the towel, he has to own that. Instead, as usual, he's picked fights, blamed everyone bar himself and left acrimoniously.

For all the talk that Chelsea won't find a better manager, I'm far more concerned about them now than I was before. Say what you like about Abramovich being trigger happy, when he changes managers mid season, it tends to work.
    Don't talk crazy. What is there to worry about this season? They are out of the title race. We have nothing to worry about and probably more likely to beat them with Jose gone. It's just a shame Wenger couldn't be the one to beat him before he got sacked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not worried about them overhauling us or challenging the title. I'm just mindful that they're likely to improve and rise up the table rather than just continue to flounder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Hiddink is a dinosaur. It might improve under him, might not.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.