User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs The 'Ammers (away).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WE WILL FINISH 2013 TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

JUST LET THAT SINK IN.
    Last edited by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon; 26-12-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Red Ribbon View Post
    WE WILL FINISH 2014 TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

JUST LET THAT SINK IN.
    Some time machine you got there.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great result.

I thought Arteta had another steady game....and despite being accused of being inadequate and only passing backwards recently, he had another good game.

I think Cazorla seems back on it although I think too much is being made of him playing in the centre. There were plenty of games where he was devastating from the left last season and he was actually very good in the first half too before he moved in field.

Theo's goal was the catalyst and gave us the momentum to play a bit more freely. West Ham started to get their tails up in the second half and were a lot less organised and more expansive and those were contributing factors in the final quarter up turn.

Where I would agree is that Podolski should play more than he does and when he does play, he should go wide left with Cazorla naturally coming in field. I'm not sure where that leaves Ozil, if everyone is fit and there is no need for rotation though.....

Perhaps we simply have to choose between Ozil and Cazorla.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 26-12-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excitement got too much for me.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delighted with the the win today, but Wenger has really shocked me with his tactical ineptitude over the last 2 games.

I was stunned he played 10 out of the 11 who played all 90 minutes 3 days ago. Obviously Cazorla was the bright spark because he was the only guy who hadn't been run into the ground. I feel that Ramsey's injury was preventable, and it's no surprise that Ozil and Giroud are receiving so much flack when they've carried us for must of this season.

Poldi came on for Ramsey on minute 65 DUE TO INJURY and changed the game. You all know he wouldn't have come on until closer to the 75th minute if Ramsey didn't get injured. The outcome may not have been the same.

Having said that, I'm delighted the team managed to win and over-turn what was looking like a lost cause. Great display by the guys out there by the final whistle.

Poldi, Cazorla and Walcott just have such a beautiful balance about them. They all look to shoot and finish when possible, and Giroud constantly looks to play them in. It just works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to rain on the parade but I think we should have come off the blocks looking for the win. Dont see the killer instinct a team needs to win the PL.. I can see us losing steam very very soon. Dont see much different in this squad compared to the last 6-7 seasons.

Good win though. 4th place should not be hard to secure.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have been comfortable at half time but could easily have been three down in the second half. We have there keeper to thank really. Had he not fluffed the easy save then I think it could easily have turned into one of those games. That goal sparked us in the second half.

3 points in the bag so that's good. Think Newcastle game could be a cracker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made the point somewhere else, but when was the last time we had a proper pacey winger like Navas?

Pires and Overmars are probably the only ones in the Wenger era. With the change in players we have, I wish we had a quick and pacey tricky winger. Someone like Di Maria I really wonder whether he'd be a better buy than a proper striker.

Hmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I would ask mate is whether replacing Cazorla/Podolski/Theo with a Di Maria/Reus/Navas would make us stronger than replacing Giroud with a top class / world class forward, ala Suarez/Higuain/Benzema?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point mate. You're right. On balance I'd go for a top class striker. But who's available?

Diego Costa is the one I'd go for. Or possibly that young Anderlecht striker with pace who looks very very useful. Not sure whether Benzema/Higuain would be available.

Who'd you think is the best team we have?