User Tag List

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread: Australian Open 2014 (13 Jan - 26 Jan).

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Stan.

Tennis lives.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Well done Stan.

Tennis lives.
    I think watching Nadal lose is the thing I enjoy most about Tennis, I think if Djokovic had not bottled it in the fifth set at Roland Garros last year I'd have enjoyed that more than Murray winning at flushing meadows and Wimbledon. I think my favourite tennis moment in the last ten years was when Soderling beat Nadal in the French open fourth round in 2009.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Soderling win was crazy. Then the next day Fed nearly messes it up against Haas - down two sets along with nearing being broken in the third, if he missed a crosscourt forehand.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thomas Oh.

Brilliant name.
    I honestly thought his name was Mr Tomato.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Soderling win was crazy. Then the next day Fed nearly messes it up against Haas - down two sets along with nearing being broken in the third, if he missed a crosscourt forehand.
    That tournament was crazy. Not just the Haas game (and I remember that forehand, my jaw dropped!) but I think Del Potro also took him to 5 sets. Federer's best chance ever to get the French Open and he kept making us worry...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right, he was 2-1 down to Del Potro then for some reason DelPo capitulated.

Djokovic getting straight setted by Kohlschreiber.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    2009 was a strange year in the grand slams in general, first Nadal beats Federer in a five set thriller in the AO which everyone thought represented a changing of the guard. Then there was the crazy French open and Federers tears at finally winning at Roland Garros. Then Wimbledon where he was outplayed for most of the match by Andy Roddick who only had his serve broken once in the five set encounter and had Federer On the ropes in the second set tie break. Than the US open where Del Potro got his revenge for the French open semi finals in a match Federer had a mental meltdown where he should have won easily having been the better player for four out of five sets.
    Only 2012 matched that for sheer drama

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Would love to see Djokovic win at Roland Garros, but i think Nadal will his ninth title there....unless there is a repeat of 2009 that is. I think mentally Djokovic has found it difficult besting his rival, he should have won the fifth set at Roland Garros and the third set at Flushing meadows in their last two encounters. Plus I think Becker is a poor choice of coach, Becker and Djokovic are two completely different types of player unlike Lendl and Murray .
    Wimbledon is a three way competition, four way if Federer carries on his good form and avoids Nadal in the draw, US Open will be between the big three.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't following this tournament, but turned on the tv for the final and was expecting Federer in the final

That being said, congrats Stan