User Tag List

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Australian Open 2014 (13 Jan - 26 Jan).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stan .

Mauresmo backed up her never-would-have-won-if-the-opponent-wasn't-dead Aussie Open victory over Henin by winning Wimbledon. I'm not sure if Wawrinka will ever do it. Would be a shame if this hangs over him, but these situations are just horrible for both players.

Stan up to third in the rankings .

Muzza down to sixth .

Federer is eighth.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Big 8.

I don't think this should look too badly on Stan, he was after all a set and a break up on Nadal before he really had that injury, so at the very least he would have been competitive. And Nadal could always have just not got injured, plus, Stan did get through Djokovic too.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Nadal wasn't fit for the entire tournament otherwise Wawrinka would not have been able to hit double the amount of winners that Nadal managed in that first set or so. I think the back injury was just a result of not being fully fit in the first place.
    Nadal got to the final because he hadn't played any genuine counter punchers in the draw leading to the final, when he is not fit you can tell he doesn't move around the court as much as he would do usually.