User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Of The Season (So Far)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    The main difference to this season has been the defence and the strong mentality. We’re organised and we battle for the win. Bould and Wenger have got the right blend and we should get better with time. Kos and Merts have been the fantastic. When was the last time you could say that about our CB's?
    The mentality thing is huge, something we just didn't have in previous seasons. Don't know where it came from, probably has something to do with Germans. Hope it stays.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I don't think there's been stand out individuals, the only one you could say was Ramsey before he got injured due to his performances and goals, but his performances had tailed off a little even before that.

There's been some very solid performers but nothing out of this world.
    do you actually watch our games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    42mill is very cheap for a priceless player. We beat Villa last night, flash back to the first game of the season, things could have gone very differently after that. I'm measuring Ozil's overall impact on the club and the attitude of the players and supporters. His impact has been bigger than anything we have seen in a long time.
    It was a good result against Villa, but we did give them an easy chance to equalise to be fair, if Benteke had headed that easy chance properly it would be 2-2 so you can't look at yesterday's result as a sign it's different, some of the results earlier in the season perhaps but not last nights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Yes I've watched a number of games (not all of them), to me there's been solid performers but noone turning it on week in week out (with the exception of Ramsey for a period).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    He went to Chelsea.

Actually it was Everton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a good result against Villa, but we did give them an easy chance to equalise to be fair, if Benteke had headed that easy chance properly it would be 2-2 so you can't look at yesterday's result as a sign it's different, some of the results earlier in the season perhaps but not last nights.

given the ref had already blown for a foul as he took the header, i doubt it would have been 2-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I've watched a number of games (not all of them), to me there's been solid performers but noone turning it on week in week out (with the exception of Ramsey for a period).
    apart from BFG, Ramsey, Koscienly, Szcesney, Ozil etc etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The mentality thing is huge, something we just didn't have in previous seasons. Don't know where it came from, probably has something to do with Germans. Hope it stays.
    It's the defining factor. We've had more potent attacking players but never a solid defence and it's always come back to bite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    It's the defining factor. We've had more potent attacking players but never a solid defence and it's always come back to bite us.
    A balanced side?

Was watching some of the invincibles stuff earlier today.....and that's what stuck out.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsey
    Mertesacker
    Kos
    Szczesny
    Giroud

I think Rambo has been the best, although Mertesacker has been the most consistent throughout. Hardly had a bad game the bloke.