User Tag List

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League Final. Barcelona vs Manchester United. 28th May. 7:45 pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Hoping for a Man Utd win here
    Now there's a shock.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats if i had to choose a winner.

Ideally il watch the match and laugh at the losers.

Win/win tbh

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a Hungarian ref

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Utd win... I hate the barca cunts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    Mmm. If you lived in England and had to put up with Manc twats puffing their stupid chests out then you may feel differently.

Come on Barca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't realize you struck out there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    Mmm. If you lived in England and had to put up with Manc twats puffing their stupid chests out then you may feel differently.

Come on Barca
    Probably wouldve felt like you if I lived in England but here in the US, there are tons of Hispanic cocks who will go Visca Barca at the drop of a hat. They are annoying cunts who probably dont even know why they are supporting Barca.. they just know that a couple of their football knowing friends support Barca and they want to support the best team in the world!
    As for Utd fans, I dislike them but at least their club doesnt mess with our players minds every summer. Have their ugly players say how they want to shag our captain and make gentle yet passionate love to him! Well, fuck them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Didn't realize you struck out there.
    Those cocks at Ramblas! I still havent forgotten my stolen wallet!

I got a pity fuck from one of the Swiss chicks I was with though.. so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...-itv-skysports

Champions League final: Do you watch it on ITV or Sky Sports?

It's not just Manchester United v Barcelona - it's also the smooth and capable Adrian Chiles against the Brylcreemed 1950s bus conductor Jeff Stelling

Build-up

ITV
    A pared back 45 minutes. Likely to feature Adrian Chiles doing "funnies" over stadium footage of old/fat/yawning/vulnerable people. Also strolling-ex-pro-with-a-radio-mic interludes where men in suits shout phrases like "this atmosphere - it's absolutely first rate" while people in the crowd do V-signs behind them.
    Sky
    The full hour and a half. Will feature at least three high-end indie band-soundtracked action montages and a bit where a smartly-dressed reporter wanders around the Camp Nou looking sombre while Catalan guitar music jangles in the background. Plus standard "meandering face-painted fans" ad break segments featuring capering children and a middle aged man in a jester's hat who really should know better by now.

In the studio

ITV
    Anchored by the smooth and capable Chiles, successfully toning down his just-another-punter shtick in favour of asking pertinent questions and - a staple for any ITV frontman: witness late-career Bob Wilson – being good at not getting freaked out by the ad break. ITV might yet pull something left-field out of the punditry bag: the big ego manager; or the exquisitely groomed overseas star who appears to have (a) very little conversational English; (b) even less idea who Gareth Southgate is.
    Sky
    A late-running Jeff Stelling/Ed Chamberlin face-off has seen Stelling's expertise plus Brylcreemed-1950s-bus-conductor good looks triumph over Chamberlin's precocious junior stockbroker. Stelling will be joined by the thigh-chafing interjections of the strangely riveting Jamie Redknapp, Ray Wilkins telling people to stay on their feet in the mannered, soothing voice of an old-fashioned tea dance band-leader, and coming man Gary Neville, for whom this may be a defining moment around the strobe-lit coffee table.

Commentary team

ITV
    The excellent Clive Tyldesley, a man who can often be heard tenderly mourning the vanished ecstasy of "that wonderful night in Barcelona" like a spinster aunt who once knew the love of a Catalan servant boy. Tyldesley will be joined by Andy Townsend. To replicate the experience of an Andy Townsend co-commentary stint repeat the phrase "I'd just like to see united go at 'em Clive" and inhale deeply on a tube of Lynx Executive Hold hair gel.
    Sky
    Martin Tyler, master craftsman and even in the tensest moments an audio experience as soothing as syringing your ears with essence of late-night Radio 2 preserved in clover honey. Tyler is perhaps Sky's biggest draw for the game, although the chemistry with the similarly-cerebral Alan Smith has yet to reach peak Gray levels, where the alternation between scholarly musings and sudden manly barks recreated the precise structural formula of a classic loud-quiet-loud grunge-era guitar track.

Bias factor

ITV
    Likely to maintain the traditional mild British bias of UK terrestrial TV. Tyldesley's swooning United-isms are now simply part of the show.
    Sky
    Surprisingly impartial, with Redknapp and Graeme Souness particularly prone to extended froths over displays of entirely alien European footballing traits – refined technique, self-expression on the ball, being able to pass properly etc.

Ace card

ITV
    That reassuring air of Saturday night prime time, keeping you always just a hop away from a fame-hungry breakdancing halfwit or a provincial police drama series where nothing ever really happens. It's nights like these, Clive, that your Adrian Chileses are all about.
    Sky
    Souness, English football's best pundit. Passionate, incisive and always wincing with coiled rage. At his best when riled or under the mistaken belief his basic punditry manhood is somehow being impugned. Go on Jamie: have a pop at Souness.

The whole experience feels like

ITV
    Having the most basic points of elite club football patiently explained to you by nice men in shiny shirts, one of whom keeps doing his squidgy loveable face and winking at your wife.
    Sky
    A gleaming intergalactic football symposium beamed back to earth from some future-civilisation built entirely around "great European nights" and the concept of "top, top, top payers Jeff".

Time and place

ITV
    7pm ITV1
    Sky
    6pm Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports HD1

Barney Ronay