User Tag List

Page 12 of 441 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shitwinds of change are coming.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like a new signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    And what freedoms have been taken from you?
    the right to believe what I want, not believe or support what others do, access to various jobs amongst others.

It isn't stonewall activists that get arrested in the street, but several Christian preachers have been for speaking from Bible in disagreeing with homosexual acts.

Also just look at what the liberal politicians and Ofsted are doing in imposing their beliefs on faith schools when it comes to homosexuality for example. you'd be blind to pretend this isn't where we are heading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_brighterside View Post
    What's funny about v for vendetta is it is about Christians taking freedoms from others when in real life it's securalist media, pressure groups and politicians doing this to others. Hollywood has a sense of humour.
    That's because Norsefire is based, both in a real world artistic sense and an in universe ideological sense, on far right groups in the UK that involve Christian identity politics. For a corollary see the likes of the BNP, Britain First etc, and what they have to say about Britain's identity as a Christian country. It isn't the same as what the Church of England has to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    This used to be a Christian country (whatever that means, I'm not sure a country should have a religion really, that should be a personal decision), right now it still is nominally but not in reality. Christians are tolerated in this country but I can see a day coming where it will become difficult for us to legally tell others what we believe.
    Britain's status as a Christian country depends mostly on the metric that you use. In a purely legalistic sense, the answer is yes, because it has a state religion, established church that enjoys preferential privileges etc. Contrast that with the United States which does not have any state religion, and wrote that into the constitution - Jefferson did it as much as anything to stop religious persecution of minority groups by larger ones. Of course, you may say that America is a far more Christian country than the UK in terms of population and attitudes, and you'd be right. Christianity is less relevant in public life than it is in the States where failing to conform to a particular level of religious devotion, at least overtly, is a major impediment to running for political office.

The best I can come up with is that Britain is a Christian country in sociological and historical terms. The significance and power of the church has waned in the last centuries but it remains an integral part of the fabric society, inasmuch as the festivals and events that break up the year are derived from its calendar. Whether or not you celebrate or care about them, Easter and Christmas are known to you. Lastly the literature and historical writings from nearly the last 1500 years in the island are unintelligible without at the minimum a working knowledge of the Bible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_brighterside View Post
    the right to believe what I want, not believe or support what others do, access to various jobs amongst others.
    Being generous and taking your words at face value, and not assuming you feel that your religion entitles you to discriminate against whomever that religion's leaders have decided to oppress recently, it is difficult to express in words just how wrong that sentence is. It's just not the case. Like, at all. In any way conceivable. When was the last time you were arrested for being a Christian? Or privately disagreeing with whatever it is you disagree with? Or were explicitly denied a job based on your religion?

It isn't stonewall activists that get arrested in the street, but several Christian preachers have been for speaking from Bible in disagreeing with homosexual acts.
    Examples? And not examples of people being arrested for hate speech, I mean examples of people literally being arrested for stating their opposition to homosexuality.

Also just look at what the liberal politicians and Ofsted are doing in imposing their beliefs on faith schools when it comes to homosexuality for example. you'd be blind to pretend this isn't where we are heading.
    Ah no! Teachers aren't allowed to tell their pupils that the way they were born is unnatural and make them suffer their formative years experiencing nothing but hatred from inside and out for a fundamental part of who they are! Soon everyone's going to be forced to burn the Bible in the streets while swearing allegiance to Richard Dawkins, all while wanking to an effigy of Gok Wan!
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would've thought Al Murray's stand up is probably subtle enough to get support from UKIP supporters. Reckon a big minority of his audiences are EDL that don't understand it's a parody. If they didn't completely take the piss with the party symbol, he could've split the UKIP vote.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Teachers aren't allowed to tell their pupils that the way they were born is unnatural and make them suffer their formative years experiencing nothing but hatred from inside and out
    Whoa, hang on. I agree with a fair amount of your post but a Christian can take a view on homosexuality without 'hating' homosexuals or being unkind towards them (or anyone, actually). Apart from the 'God Hates Fags' loonies (who aren't representitive of most Christians) I don't think Christians who take a conservative Biblical stance on homosexuality are out there oppressing homosexuals.
    all while wanking to an effigy of Gok Wan!
    Urgh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can hate gays, and not even be religious.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa, hang on. I agree with a fair amount of your post but a Christian can take a view on homosexuality without 'hating' homosexuals or being unkind towards them (or anyone, actually). Apart from the 'God Hates Fags' loonies (who aren't representitive of most Christians) I don't think Christians who take a conservative Biblical stance on homosexuality are out there oppressing homosexuals.
    Yeah, hatred was a strong word, but it reeks of 'love the sinner, hate the sin'. I don't hate you, I just hate the way you are.

I don't think schools should be allowed to teach that something is wrong because a book says it is. Not just any book, Leviticus. You know what else Leviticus says, right?
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting