User Tag List

Page 127 of 441 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 4408

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most of them start out with good intentions and wanting to do things to make things better but agree most of them don't stay that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I think most of them start out with good intentions and wanting to do things to make things better but agree most of them don't stay that way.
    There's ALWAYS something sinister and unhealthy with people who seek authority over others. So I believe most of them are deeply flawed from the outset, broken individuals. But they get into politics by many different routes. Few set out with an ideal. Most go through the party apparatus so they are conditioned in advance of landing in a seat. Others are ushered in based on, what would be claimed as performance, privilege and patronage. It's a motley crew to begin with but something entirely worse by the time they have sharked their way to a cabinet seat. The system itself is designed to dehumanise them. Well anyway, you can immediately tell this is the case when you see them appear before the public and tell stupid and transparent lies. All for the party that sustains them and holds out hope of advancement. Nothing for the people they are supposed to represent. There are exceptions, few and far between. The back bench is where they live, at best.

I've had friends I've worked with go down the trail (and the drain). Interning for free during holidays. Leaving their jobs behind to "serve". I watched their personalities change in the process. The transformation is fast, the arrogance develops quickly, the insider attitude blooms at pace. I used to piss them off by refusing their offers of lunch at the Terrace or the Atrium. The lunch wasn't for me, it was for me to admire them. I had plenty of chairs pulled out and refused them all. I still remember the perplexed looks on their faces. They couldn't understand my aversion to the sewer.

I always preferred working with and talking to the old buffers in the Lords. Bastards to a man, but they'd ditched that subservience to party by that stage and sometimes you could get a sensible and unprepared word out of them. And, in testament to the human capacity for healing, some of them started drifting back towards humanity.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Party politics stinks and has become a factory for producing automatons. People who join are no longer allowed to think for themselves. Once people are allowed to think, anarchy breaks out. You can see it personified in the current Labour party. Once the Blairites lost control of the party after being dumped by the general population as fake Tories. Then schools of thought dormant for decades broke cover. The establishment is desperately fighting back both within and without the party. Parliament or Congress or whatever you call it should not be an ally of government. It should be a controlling/moderating force over it. It is basically the only way to advance the human project otherwise government will continue to serve only pecuniary interests.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teresa May has just literally died on television.

Figuratively speaking.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She is dreadful in pretty much every way.

The Tories couldn't fuck this one up, surely?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figuratively doesn't come close. I need to see a death cert.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Teresa May has just literally died on television.

Figuratively speaking.
    What I find so ridiculous is that this policy is actually an improvement on the original one, but because it contradicts what's in their manifesto she just CANNOT admit they've changed their minds so you get all this ridiculous footwork to avoid doing so. How hard can it be to just admit it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    What I find so ridiculous is that this policy is actually an improvement on the original one, but because it contradicts what's in their manifesto she just CANNOT admit they've changed their minds so you get all this ridiculous footwork to avoid doing so. How hard can it be to just admit it?
    She's a "leader", can't you tell?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #LabourSurge
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmino Is Boss View Post
    She is dreadful in pretty much every way.

The Tories couldn't fuck this one up, surely?
    It would be a collapse Wenger would be proud of if they do.