User Tag List

Page 13 of 441 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why we need theology to work this out. Gays can do whatever the fuck they want provided they don't force their choices on others and provided they don't harm others. Christians can believe whatever the fuck they want provided they don't force their choices on others and provided they don't harm others.

There is nothing at all wrong with disagreeing with homosexuality, or Christianity. Nothing at all. There's everything wrong with taking that disagreement and transforming it into harmful action. Homosexuals are fully protected against all forms of related violence by the law. If the argument is the law should extend to protecting them against speech and thought then that is entirely wrong. I would have thought this would be extremely simple to understand. Free speech provided it does not cause tangible harm and certainly free thought.

Similarly, if the Christians have a club with rules and those rules have been established and understood for millennia then those are the rules. Nobody outside the club has the right to demand those rules be changed. If homosexuals can demand the rules of the Christian club be changed then it must be equally legitimate for Christians to demand the rules of homosexuality be changed. In reality neither has the right. If you don't like a club then don't join it, again a simple concept.

As for government, it has no right whatsoever to grant or remove rights. Rights are inalienable. Rights can be suppressed by violence but that does not destroy the right, it merely suppresses it. Also rights cannot be conjured out of thin air and granted by decree. Again, violence can be used to enforce a demand masquerading as a right, but that's coercion and nothing more significant. All "human rights" campaigns of the past did not "grant" new rights, instead they removed the violence used to suppress inalienable rights that existed by default.

The moment you accept that government or any other form of tyranny can grant or remove rights is the moment you declare yourself a slave.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think schools should be allowed to teach that something is wrong because a book says it is.
    Schools teach all sorts of evil shit, not least of which is conditioning to authority. They also excel at teaching by omission - or propaganda if you prefer. My 10 year old came home yesterday and asked if Mandela was a good man. I said it was difficult to give a simple answer to that because he had performed good deeds as well as awful deeds. "What awful deeds? - He blew people up, did they not tell you that?" Of course they didn't. That would ruin the simplicity of the propaganda. The argument then goes that Mandela and his people were driven to desperate measures by the great evil they faced. Fair enough if that's the way our morals roll. Which makes roadside bombs in Iraq a tool for justice - true or false? False, of course. Because they don't fit the narrative.

All in all schools are more harmful than religion.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    You can hate gays, and not even be religious.
    Gays.

Awful abominations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Gays.

Awful abominations.
    Soon it will be illegal to say that. Precedent has already been set.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Gays can do whatever the fuck they want provided they don't force their choices on others.
    Yeah! I don't mind gays, so long as they don't shove it down my throat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah! I don't mind gays, so long as they don't shove it down my throat.

I think they are a pain in the arse.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...motorways.html

95% admit to speeding. Does that mean the other 5% won't admit to it? Anyway, 95% speed and 0.001% say no. Democracy in action. Why do cars have top speeds above 70mph at all? If safety was the real issue, then why not limit cars to 70mph? Of course if revenue is the main goal we should really be making cars that can't go slower than 78mph.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    I don't think schools should be allowed to teach that something is wrong because a book says it is. Not just any book, Leviticus. You know what else Leviticus says, right?
    Leviticus bans all kinds of things - it's interesting how people (often Christians, to be fair) focus on homosexuality and use Leviticus to back that up when it condemns eating shellfish and all kinds of shizzle.

It's explained in the New Testament that the law was not given simply to be followed, but more to show mankind that there's no way they can follow it. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" and that's bad because "the wages of sin is death", but luckily...well, John 3:16. Christianity's USP is that salvation doesn't rely on our own efforts, it recognizes that there's no way we can do it by ourselves. But luckily...well, John 3:16.

As for 'a book', obviously we don't believe it is just a book. It's not just a person's opinion. Personally I'd prefer to base my morality on Jesus' example and teachings. From the horse's mouth, as it were. I fail, obviously, but luckily...well, John 3:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin 3:16
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    Austin 3:16
    Says I just whooped your ass!