Page 14 of 448 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...motorways.html

95% admit to speeding. Does that mean the other 5% won't admit to it? Anyway, 95% speed and 0.001% say no. Democracy in action. Why do cars have top speeds above 70mph at all? If safety was the real issue, then why not limit cars to 70mph? Of course if revenue is the main goal we should really be making cars that can't go slower than 78mph.
    But that would make kerb crawling nearly impossible.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Leviticus bans all kinds of things - it's interesting how people (often Christians, to be fair) focus on homosexuality and use Leviticus to back that up when it condemns eating shellfish and all kinds of shizzle.

It's explained in the New Testament that the law was not given simply to be followed, but more to show mankind that there's no way they can follow it. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" and that's bad because "the wages of sin is death", but luckily...well, John 3:16. Christianity's USP is that salvation doesn't rely on our own efforts, it recognizes that there's no way we can do it by ourselves. But luckily...well, John 3:16.

As for 'a book', obviously we don't believe it is just a book. It's not just a person's opinion. Personally I'd prefer to base my morality on Jesus' example and teachings. From the horse's mouth, as it were. I fail, obviously, but luckily...well, John 3:16.
    Fuck.

I just had seafood paella.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Fuck.

I just had seafood paella.
    10 SIN
    20 GOTO HELL

#Futurama

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    But that would make kerb crawling nearly impossible.
    Politicians and BBC presenters would have a dispensation under any just law.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Leviticus bans all kinds of things - it's interesting how people (often Christians, to be fair) focus on homosexuality and use Leviticus to back that up when it condemns eating shellfish and all kinds of shizzle.
    Indeed. Clothes made of more than one fabric, as well, I believe.

It's explained in the New Testament that the law was not given simply to be followed, but more to show mankind that there's no way they can follow it.

Gosh. Not sure where to begin with that. So I won't

As for 'a book', obviously we don't believe it is just a book. It's not just a person's opinion.
    Of course (and I realise I'm not arguing against anything you've said here), but to non-Christians, it is just a book of unknowable virtue. From an outsider's point of view, somebody's just taken what some book says and expects me to follow it. Do what you like mate, but leave me out of it.

Personally I'd prefer to base my morality on Jesus' example and teachings. From the horse's mouth, as it were.
    I suppose the biggest problem I have with religion is that I've never been able to see how you can believe something that leads to one person getting all the influence. I mean sure, if reckon the bloke gives some good advice, go for it, but cast your net a little wider than one man who lived 2000 years ago, surely?

Would you believe in what he says if he'd said something else? Do you do what you do because Jebus said so, or are you a Christian because his teachings struck a chord with your own morality?
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Schools teach all sorts of evil shit, not least of which is conditioning to authority.
    Ok. Why's that a reason to add homosexuality being wrong to that list? Shouldn't the aim be to improve, rather than give up and let anything in?

All in all schools are more harmful than religion.
    Even if that's true (it's not), it isn't a reason to mix the two.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Ok. Why's that a reason to add homosexuality being wrong to that list? Shouldn't the aim be to improve, rather than give up and let anything in?

Even if that's true (it's not), it isn't a reason to mix the two.
    I was responding to this:

I don't think schools should be allowed to teach that something is wrong because a book says it is.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose the biggest problem I have with religion is that I've never been able to see how you can believe something that leads to one person getting all the influence. I mean sure, if reckon the bloke gives some good advice, go for it, but cast your net a little wider than one man who lived 2000 years ago, surely?
    I think that's a pretty good problem to have with religion - if it's just some bloke then well, he might have said some things which are pretty wise and might strike a chord with me, but he was just some bloke, it's not much of a basis for a whole religion.

But Jesus wasn't just some bloke. He claimed to be more than that.
    I couldn't really put it better than this.

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."
    - C. S. Lewis

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_brighterside View Post
    the right to believe what I want, not believe or support what others do, access to various jobs amongst others.

It isn't stonewall activists that get arrested in the street, but several Christian preachers have been for speaking from Bible in disagreeing with homosexual acts.

Also just look at what the liberal politicians and Ofsted are doing in imposing their beliefs on faith schools when it comes to homosexuality for example. you'd be blind to pretend this isn't where we are heading.

Oh so you mean you want the freedom to tell other people how to live their lives

If you think Homosexuality is wrong that's up to you and I see no reason that you need to be forced to believe otherwise, it's when you start to proseltyise this to other people (such as school pupils who don't need to be stultified with your backward superstition) then it becomes problematic.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 16-01-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact I think the Church should be condemned from the highest mountain for not telling certain "people" a few home truths whether they want to hear them or not. So should unions and activist movements and any collective that supposedly has human interests at heart. It's because the organisations of the people have been rendered virtually useless by the state that we are seeing the rise of the ultimate preacher, one that also brings violence to enforce what is being preached, the fucking government. We should all be united against those cunts, not fighting with each other. The establishment loves it when we splinter over trivial issues like who's fucking who and who's blacker or whiter. We should all be pointing in the same direction saying fuck off to government. Wouldn't even need violence. And sure, that's me telling people what to do same way as I would shout get out of the road you stupid cunt if somebody was about to be run down.
    Für eure Sicherheit