User Tag List

Page 310 of 441 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 4408

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignore the polls. Made up propaganda. Everybody hears about polls. have you ever been called up by any of these agencies?. May was on to a landslide too.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    May was on to a landslide too.
    No she wasn’t. Well, I don’t remember reading that.
    And this prediction is from the same people who predicted a hung parliament previously correctly.
    The prediction is based on polling about 100,000 people which is a significant number but still low enough that your chances of being polled are very low.
    In brief, take off the tin foil hat dude.

Edit: The recent data is from YouGov who are an independent body. Of course opinions can change over time and votes did swing away from May near the election in 2017, but that’s not the same as polls being “propaganda”. Propaganda for who and for what reason? And what evidence do you have for that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YouGov was founded by Tory gammon Nadhim Zahawi
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Co-founder and left in 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    No she wasn’t. Well, I don’t remember reading that.
    And this prediction is from the same people who predicted a hung parliament previously correctly.
    The prediction is based on polling about 100,000 people which is a significant number but still low enough that your chances of being polled are very low.
    In brief, take off the tin foil hat dude.

Edit: The recent data is from YouGov who are an independent body. Of course opinions can change over time and votes did swing away from May near the election in 2017, but that’s not the same as polls being “propaganda”. Propaganda for who and for what reason? And what evidence do you have for that?
    So you are telling me what was widely predicted everywhere. You think May would go into an election not thinking she would win. Letters you really need to find a way out of your alternate universe. Everyone was predicting a conservative majority for May. Do check.

YouGov are independent in the same way as the BBC is

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evidence please.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...s-final-result

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40123231

Polls at the beginning of the 2017 election campaign pointed towards an overwhelming Conservative victory. They were consistently hitting around 45% of the vote - sometimes even higher - with Labour down at around 25%. Over the past six weeks, though, Labour's ratings have steadily improved and the gap between the two parties has narrowed.
    However, there are big discrepancies between recent polls which make them extremely difficult to interpret. Polls always need to be treated with caution. The current variation makes this particularly important.
    A YouGov poll conducted on Tuesday and Wednesday put the Conservatives on 42%, just three points ahead of Labour on 39%. YouGov also published a seat projection based on modelling of poll responses which indicated a hung parliament as its central estimate.
    [B]The trend of Labour improvement is seen across all the polling companies. But they don't all agree that the election is as close as the YouGov figures suggest[B]. The Conservative lead was 10% in the most recent Kantar Public poll, 12% for ICM and 14% for ComRes.
    So yes. Of course May thought she'd win the election. Public mood shifted over the course of the campaigns as you'd expect and the polls reflected that and note that this article which says YouGov were predicting a hung parliament was published on the BBC site on June 2nd, before the election.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Evidence please.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...s-final-result

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40123231

So yes. Of course May thought she'd win the election. Public mood shifted over the course of the campaigns as you'd expect and the polls reflected that and note that this article which says YouGov were predicting a hung parliament was published on the BBC site on June 2nd, before the election.
    You cant even understand the polls your quoting. When May called the election she was streets ahead which you have proved.. May was under no obligation to call the election, so why did she?. She did because she thought she would have a clear super majority for her Brexit plans. Of course as she fumbled her way through and the morass of Brexit was exposed. The polls tightened. She couldnt call it off by then. So my point stands. You live in a world where the smartest person you know is staring you in a mirror. Its a small world. Tiny.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 29-11-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cant even understand the polls your quoting. When May called the election she was streets ahead which you have proved.. May was under no obligation to call the election, so why did she?. She did because she thought she would have a clear super majority for her Brexit plans. Of course as she fumbled her way through and the morass of Brexit was exposed. The polls tightened. She couldnt call it off by then.
    Right. Till here, I'm agreed. She called the election to get a mandate for her Brexit plans and she did so because at the times the polls indicated she would win.
    Over the course of the campaign that changed as you would expect it to - that's the entire point of election campaigns, to attempt to sway opinion.

The poll by YouGov close to the 2017 election indicated a hung parliament and that's what happened. Polls are, of course, simply a model. They ask a certain number of people how they're going to vote - and possibly other questions - and they use that data to predict what will happen in an election if they extrapolate that data across the population. Obviously doing that is complex, they need to try and poll enough people to make the data representative, and people change their minds over time so polls over time will change as public mood does.

So my point stands.
    What point? You said the polls were "made up". You implied they don't poll anyone, you base that on the fact that you have personally never been asked. And sure, I haven't either.
    But the YouGov poll I posted about originally was based on asking 100,000 people - that's a lot more than most polls and it's still on average one in 500 people. Your chances of being asked are very low.
    That isn't an indication that no-one is being asked.
    You also called them "propaganda". So who by and for what benefit? As you said, the initial polls at the start of the 2017 campaign indicated a big win for the Tories.
    What was that "propaganda" supposed to achieve? If it was supposed to result in a Tory majority then it wasn't effective.

You live in a world where the smartest person you know is staring you in a mirror. Its a small world. Tiny.
    I live in a world where I base my opinions, as far as I can, on facts and empirical evidence. I know that's unusual these days, we live in a time when facts increasingly don't matter to people and I find that depressing.
    Your claim is that polls are "made up propaganda". I'm asking you to provide evidence for that assertion. You have provided none so far. So I'll try again:

What is your evidence that the polls are made up? You personally not being asked is not evidence that no-one is.
    And if they are propaganda then who by, what are they trying to achieve through that propaganda and what is your evidence for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your first response was to my post was to refute my claim that May was on to a landslide..which you said you never heard about. Now you post all sorts of other gobbledygook.

Was May supposedly on to a landslide or not.?

You are some hard work man?

Its like trying to describe Chopin to a mute.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 29-11-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was May supposedly on to a landslide or not.?
    When you first posted that I admit I didn't remember that being the case but having checked yes, initial polls did indicate a strong Tory win and as you say that was probably the reason she called an election, to consolidate and get a mandate for her Brexit plan.
    Now could you address my questions.

Also, do you know what "mute" means...?