0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump
    N_Q

Shame nothing will come of it.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, not a chance he will be convicted or removed, but amusing nonetheless.
    Only the 3rd president in history to be impeached

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Trump
    N_Q

Shame nothing will come of it.
    ???

Who? What?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You'd rather live in a Muslim infested France, or goose-stepping Spain, or guilt ridden, trembling, run by a commie cunt Germany - than this remarkable island? We have our problems here, but at least we aren't fucking European. Not now anyway, not now that the will of the people has crushed the remoaner cunts and ground them into oblivion. For all its horrible failings, this is one country where democracy somehow, against all the odds, finds a way. Yeah, for sure, it's a compromised way, and the same fucks will still prosper nomatter. Nevertheless, when it all boils down, we still have a sense of independence and self determination in this country. Like the Poles. Like the Hungarians. Like the Czechs. Is that where you're off to? Eastern Europe? That'd be okay. You'd be alright there. It'd almost be like being at home. Or maybe Italy. Once the technical details have been sorted out they'll be back on the right track again. Heading out of the shitty EU. So that might be foresight, if you are planning on landing there. You're right, there are still places you can go - provided it's a sovereign land that has two fingers very firmly stuck up in the face of the commie bastards in Brussels.Let me know where you decide.
    My biggest skill is in translation between English, French and German, so I'd been banking on getting over to a place where that skill will be useful. It also happens that I like speaking foreign languages, so if I get to do that every day, I'll be happy.

I studied in Germany from September 2018 to August 2019 and wouldn't mind going back there if I can find a translation job and could build a German speaking social circle.

The girlfriend has made noises about Vienna, which were amplified by us visiting in February and seeing how they treat homeless people there: what really stood out to me is that on top of the necessities, they're given a 6 month "culture pass" so they can access stuff like the theatre, the cinema and the library so they can still feel part of society rather than external to it. That's a society I wouldn't mind being a part of.

I've been visiting France my whole life, so ditto Germany on that front.

I visited Luxembourg around the same time as when I went to Vienna, and I think I'd love it there. I'm a sucker for a good park, and they have an excellent one right in the city centre. On top of that, they've made what used to be their regional dialect a national language, and it's just generally a language lovers' paradise; three national languages (2 of which are ones I speak fluently), a massive Portuguese community, plus English being a lingua franca for all the foreign workers makes for a fascinating linguistic scenario the geek in me would love to become a part of and get to know better.

I don't think staying here, as much as I love it, is that great a long-term option for me when opportunities abound abroad, and yes, I'm a little bitter that my future has been thrown into doubt by a movement that espouses everything I despise: insularity, contempt for expertise, bigotry, polarisation and, yes, nationalism. Those aren't the only reasons people want Brexit, but Brexit enables and gives a voice to those things, and if my country is going to start building itself anew on that foundation, then it's not really something I want to be a part of.
    Last edited by WMUG; 03-01-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    The girlfriend
    Pics or GTFO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest skill is in translation between English, French and German, so I'd been banking on getting over to a place where that skill will be useful. It also happens that I like speaking foreign languages, so if I get to do that every day, I'll be happy.

I studied in Germany from September 2018 to August 2019 and wouldn't mind going back there if I can find a translation job and could build a German speaking social circle.

The girlfriend has made noises about Vienna, which were amplified by us visiting in February and seeing how they treat homeless people there: what really stood out to me is that on top of the necessities, they're given a 6 month "culture pass" so they can access stuff like the theatre, the cinema and the library so they can still feel part of society rather than external to it. That's a society I wouldn't mind being a part of.

I've been visiting France my whole life, so ditto Germany on that front.

I visited Luxembourg around the same time as when I went to Vienna, and I think I'd love it there. I'm a sucker for a good park, and they have an excellent one right in the city centre. On top of that, they've made what used to be their regional dialect a national language, and it's just generally a language lovers' paradise; three national languages (2 of which are ones I speak fluently), a massive Portuguese community, plus English being a lingua franca for all the foreign workers makes for a fascinating linguistic scenario the geek in me would love to become a part of and get to know better.

I don't think staying here, as much as I love it, is that great a long-term option for me when opportunities abound abroad, and yes, I'm a little bitter that my future has been thrown into doubt by a movement that espouses everything I despise: insularity, contempt for expertise, bigotry, polarisation and, yes, nationalism. Those aren't the only reasons people want Brexit, but Brexit enables and gives a voice to those things, and if my country is going to start building itself anew on that foundation, then it's not really something I want to be a part of.
    Yeah but the Muslims.

You haven't thought of the Muslims, you BITCH!
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Yeah but the Muslims.

You haven't thought of the Muslims, you BITCH!
    It's a fair point, well made.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little bitter that my future has been thrown into doubt by a movement that espouses everything I despise: insularity, contempt for expertise, bigotry, polarisation and, yes, nationalism. Those aren't the only reasons people want Brexit, but Brexit enables and gives a voice to those things, and if my country is going to start building itself anew on that foundation, then it's not really something I want to be a part of.

Good attitude - don't give up! I spent a couple of years working in Germany and enjoyed it. There is a small amount of adapting to do but, like most of the planet, people are just people with the same needs - home, job, family, friends, etc. - something the Daily Heil readers, Brexiteers and others seem incapable of understanding. I like my country and what it means to people but I don't accept we have to live in isolation from other people.

I have lived through changes in this country with legislation for racial and sexual equaility, repeal of laws against homosexuality - a general improvement in acceptance that people are different and that is not a threat but part of the broad flavour of life. When you look at the country in 1960 and compare it to what it was like after the next couple of decades, you can see how primitive attitudes were back then. Now I look at the last few years and wonder what the hell has happened - we are going backwards with a right-wing, xenophobic, intolerant and selfish agenda.

Brexit is just one manifestation. Lies of the extremists being used to push an agenda formulated by billionaire newspaper and media owners to get more for themselves - conning people at the bottom end (who will actgually pay most of the price) by pretending that 'foreigners' are making their life worse. It is encouraging racism, xenophobia and even homophobia. Those who pushed the brexit agenda claim the are not racists and it is nothing to do with them, but the pitch of their propaganda was always going to be seized by those who want to push the racist agenda - some brexiteers might not think of themselves as racist but they have created the atmosphere that enables it and, as such, they carry responsibility. Brexit was not pushed as a reasoned argument (mainly because it can't be) and was pushed as 'foreign people telling us what to do' - complete bollocks, of course - and was food and drink to the racists that lurk in the background.

I hope you find a job that enables you to use your skills, even if it means you have to look elsewhere.