User Tag List

Page 343 of 441 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 4408

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are all Tories absolute scum? Is there even a single one with even a shred of decency?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So starmer has got himself into a complete mess over beergate.

Given he said johnson should resign not just for being fined by police but for being investigated, he’s not exactly left himself much room here. He can’t exactly demand johnson resign yet not do so himself.

What amazes me is that while the curry itself is not teh worst thing in the world (like the birthday cake that johnson was fined over), labour have got themselves into a complete mess by lying just as johnson did which then catches them up.

Just sack all of them tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "This story - and others - have damaged Parliament's reputation. "

I wasn't it had the kind of reputation that could be damaged any further...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    So starmer has got himself into a complete mess over beergate.

Given he said johnson should resign not just for being fined by police but for being investigated, he’s not exactly left himself much room here. He can’t exactly demand johnson resign yet not do so himself.

What amazes me is that while the curry itself is not teh worst thing in the world (like the birthday cake that johnson was fined over), labour have got themselves into a complete mess by lying just as johnson did which then catches them up.

Just sack all of them tbh.
    Lol nice try
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Lol nice try
    What’s nice try? Johnson should have resigned already over this.

But if starmer gets a fine over this, how can he stay in the job given he demanded the prime minister & Sunak resign for the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    What’s nice try? Johnson should have resigned already over this.

But if starmer gets a fine over this, how can he stay in the job given he demanded the prime minister & Sunak resign for the same?
    well Sadiq Kahn's line is that it was Johnson and co who actually made the rules and were telling everyone else to follow them, so if they themselves break them that's much more seriously hypocritical

also tbh for all the Daily Maul and Scum screaming about it, all but the dumbest people can tell the difference between a curry delivery turning up late and No 10 organising huge pissups

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    well Sadiq Kahn's line is that it was Johnson and co who actually made the rules and were telling everyone else to follow them, so if they themselves break them that's much more seriously hypocritical

also tbh for all the Daily Maul and Scum screaming about it, all but the dumbest people can tell the difference between a curry delivery turning up late and No 10 organising huge pissups
    To an extent i agree although labour voted for the same laws (and also starmer demanded longer lockdowns etc). There is no doubt johnson should resign over this, thats clear. He has lied and broken his own laws.

But with the second part of your post, I disagree. Labour said starmer was working late and then Rayner wasnt there. Then photos emerged of Rayner being there and they claimed “oh we forgot, honest mistake”. A leaked memo came out this weekend showing she was always meant to be there and a curry was organised for after work before day ends.

Starmer also said pubs were shut and hotel wasnt serving food, both proven to be untrue. If he had come out when story first appeared and said in hindsight, looks bad but we didnt try to break the rules etc, its a non story. But labour didnt, they lied and then evidence shows them to have lied and it creates a bigger mess.

Watching labour defend starmer at the moment is like watching the tories defend johnson. Both sides have completely flipped the arguments they rejected when it was their man. All of them should go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, agreed, they did vote for the laws and that means I do agree Starmer's in a bit of trouble but i still think it's one incident in the middle of a hard-working campaign, not loads of parties at No 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Ok, agreed, they did vote for the laws and that means I do agree Starmer's in a bit of trouble but i still think it's one incident in the middle of a hard-working campaign, not loads of parties at No 10
    Again im inclined to agree with you that its one incident compared to several at Downing Street.

But in this case as i said above, its not the party itself thats the problem, its the lying about it that has resulted in a bigger mess for labour. Starmer hasn’t helped himself for several reasons either. The first was that he said johnson should resign when police started investigating, then said he should resign after being fined but not just that, he went for Sunak too when he was fined. (On a separate note, sunak appears harshly done by as he just turned up to a meeting a few minutes early) which means that starmer has no wriggle room by his own words.

Really he has no choice but to resign otherwise he ends up arguing that the rules dont apply to him as he expects them to apply to Johnson. It means the voters will see all politicians as the same as they all broke teh rules and dont take responsibility.

Although if he does resign, labour take high ground straight away over tories as they can claim they took action whereas johnson didnt