Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    This Tory government are fucking scum.

What has this country become?
    I am super despondent about it all.
    We have an utter naughty word in Number 10. And it doesn't seem to matter. There's no consequence. And even if he does get forced out - which is plausible, there are some things coming up like the by-elections which could add pressure - who are the likely alternatives? They're a load of naughty words too, will that be better? And then we have Starmer who I think actually has some integrity but I have no real idea what he stands for.
    Not everything going on is Boris's fault, some of the issues right now are because of the Ukraine situation and you can't really blame him for that. But it is all a mess and I have no confidence in any of them to sort it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often find I don’t know what I dislike more, the cynical shithousing of this government or some of its critics

I think Letter’s response of being despondent is reasonable and proportional. But turn the dial up a bit and you get utter histrionic hysteria “fascist”, “racist” “Nazis”

Fuck me, it’s either utterly performative or their blood pressure must be through the roof

Get some perspective.

I think it’s normal to find it depressing to find such a complete lack of capability in our political class. But I remember feeling the same way three years ago. I equally know I’m motivated by bias because I dislike Johnson (I can’t say I hate him but I am contemptuous of his dishonesty and venality) and I have an inner sense of not wanting people to get away with being a shit.
    But think things will only improve if people on both sides get a fucking grip, realise that politics isn’t football fandom and isn’t about shouting about how much you hate the other side.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61819747

Something something rats something sinking ship something something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61819747

Something something rats something sinking ship something something
    What a completely pointless role

An ethics advisor for Johnson is like a sobriety advisor for George Best

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    What a completely pointless role

An ethics advisor for Johnson is like a sobriety advisor for George Best

My mate who works in Number 10 is also leaving, not that he’s anyone of note in the grand scheme of things and I don’t know if he’s leaving because of Boris or the whole situation, but I think if I worked there I’d be brushing up my CV.

As for Johnson, I don’t actually dislike him in as much as he’s entertaining, as host of HIGNFY he was funny. He is good at that sort of thing. He has no integrity but as an entertainer I don’t care about that, if he’s going to be running the country then I do. He’s clearly not fit for office.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    NQ….see?

Even you have to admit he’s got it completely right.
    Don't think I was ever there, except maybe the tube station? Which was shit for the entire 30 seconds.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often find I don’t know what I dislike more, the cynical shithousing of this government or some of its critics

I think Letter’s response of being despondent is reasonable and proportional. But turn the dial up a bit and you get utter histrionic hysteria “fascist”, “racist” “Nazis”

Fuck me, it’s either utterly performative or their blood pressure must be through the roof

Get some perspective.

I think it’s normal to find it depressing to find such a complete lack of capability in our political class. But I remember feeling the same way three years ago. I equally know I’m motivated by bias because I dislike Johnson (I can’t say I hate him but I am contemptuous of his dishonesty and venality) and I have an inner sense of not wanting people to get away with being a shit.
    But think things will only improve if people on both sides get a fucking grip, realise that politics isn’t football fandom and isn’t about shouting about how much you hate the other side.
    That's exactly what it is, practically. Been that way for a long time too.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Your fundamental problem is you're paranoid. You think too many people are out to get you."

There you have it. I'm paranoid and think people are out to get me because I want a choice. You see what a raving authoritarian you are? Not only do you discount the possibility of choice, but you assign the stigma of mental illness to anyone who suggests it.

You really are a sick sod. Running around masquerading as a Christian. It's so undignified.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    "Your fundamental problem is you're paranoid. You think too many people are out to get you."

There you have it. I'm paranoid and think people are out to get me because I want a choice. You see what a raving authoritarian you are? Not only do you discount the possibility of choice, but you assign the stigma of mental illness to anyone who suggests it.

You really are a sick sod. Running around masquerading as a Christian. It's so undignified.
    “You’re an authoritarian freak who doesn’t understand how weird he is and can’t even grasp what it’s like to be free, why would you talk to me like that?”

This isn’t an assignation of who is right or wrong on this argument, but if this debate was based on who is being more aggressive and lashing out, you’d be ahead by miles.

If I guessed who had more contact with human beings and actually liked interacting with people more between you and Letters, it wouldn’t be you. Perhaps the irony of the person who strives for the betterment of human beings when you don’t like other human beings very much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “You’re an authoritarian freak who doesn’t understand how weird he is and can’t even grasp what it’s like to be free, why would you talk to me like that?”

This isn’t an assignation of who is right or wrong on this argument, but if this debate was based on who is being more aggressive and lashing out, you’d be ahead by miles.

If I guessed who had more contact with human beings and actually liked interacting with people more between you and Letters, it wouldn’t be you. Perhaps the irony of the person who strives for the betterment of human beings when you don’t like other human beings very much.
    Can't see any relevance in any of that. This isn't about who has most friends.

Oh I hate the guy, no doubt. Not him personally, as such, but what he represents. People like him are the fertile soil in which all problems grow, which is what this conversation is about - does the average citizen understand the concept of freedom? Over and over again we see his answer. And because he can't square away being the jolly decent bloke you are banging on about, with his demand for authoritarianism and his denial of freedom of choice, he reflects the shitty, grubby reality beneath the facade he has sold to people like you onto people like me who see right through him.
    Für eure Sicherheit