Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 4408

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Oh holy shit...
    Now there's talk Johnson will stand in the new leadership race.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a mess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh holy shit...

Was it ever in doubt?
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Was it ever in doubt?
    tbh it wouldn't have occurred to me. I mean, they literally forced him out a few months ago because he broke the law and was in charge during a whole litany of other scandals. Surely they couldn't actually vote him back in now, people would lose their collective shit.
    Sunak ftw.
    And, while we're here, General Election kthxpls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh holy shit...

If he's in the final 2 and it goes to the membership, he'll win. Because Tory members are stupid cunts.

I have a feeling he won't get enough support from the MPs to get onto the final ballot.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbh it wouldn't have occurred to me. I mean, they literally forced him out a few months ago because he broke the law and was in charge during a whole litany of other scandals. Surely they couldn't actually vote him back in now, people would lose their collective shit.
    Sunak ftw.
    And, while we're here, General Election kthxpls.
    I don’t know whether MPs will vote for him or not, I definitely thought it was possible because it was his hope that Truss would win and would prove to be a disaster and then all will be forgiven but his timetable for that was a year…it’s arguable that not enough water has gone under enough bridges for him to be forgiven. But for someone as egotistical and entitled as him, he never intended his resignation to be the end of his career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for the lolz, I looked at how much extra I'd be paying if we re-mortgaged now (based on reports I'd seen that the average rate is now around 6.5%).
    It would be about an extra £600 a month
    Suffice to say...that would be a struggle.
    Cheers, Liz.

Thankfully we've still got 2 years left on the fixed rate, hoping things will have settled down by then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for the lolz, I looked at how much extra I'd be paying if we re-mortgaged now (based on reports I'd seen that the average rate is now around 6.5%).
    It would be about an extra £600 a month
    Suffice to say...that would be a struggle.
    Cheers, Liz.

Thankfully we've still got 2 years left on the fixed rate, hoping things will have settled down by then.
    Don’t get me wrong, the actions of the truss administration did force interest rates to increase quicker than anticipated but they were trending upwards beforehand. The US have been increasing theirs with pretty big increases each time (i think last one was 0.75%?) and where the US lead the rest of the world does tend to follow.

So mortgages etc were going to go up certainily in the near future but its also fair to say that the actions of the truss government increased that quicker and due to the markets being worried about the government meant banks were more cautious and put big increases on. Even without the truss government, people would have been paying more at their remortgaging

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, only one of the interest rises was under her time as PM.
    So fine.
    But all the other stuff she did then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, only one of the interest rises was under her time as PM.
    So fine.
    But all the other stuff she did then
    True but that rise should never have happened as it was an emergency one not a planned MPC meeting.

But I agree, she fucked it. I’m ok with teh national insurance increase being abolished because it should never have been brought in. Yesterday, many MPs said they couldn’t vote for fracking because the 2019 manifesto opposed it and how could they vote against their own manifesto? MPs are very selective when want the manifesto and dont. Johnson put no national insurance increase in the manifesto yet they all voted for it.

In theory the Conservative party have a majority in the commons but if, and im not sure how big an if it is currently, johnson wins the vote again could he actually command the confidence of the commons? Around 50 ministers resigned from his government, 42% of the party voted no confidence in him. If he is selected by members next week, is it unreasonable to think that King Charles could actually send for Starmer?