Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Tories would have had a shot at winning the next election had Sunak replaced Johnson in the first place.

Now there is an argument to be had over whether the calamity that Truss and Kwarteng brought forth would have happened anyway and they just accelerated the process, but it doesn’t matter…it’s the Tories who will be seen as responsible.

As for that Shawn Old English sheepdog Johnson, this humiliation won’t matter too much he’s pretty impervious to humiliation and will try to make another comeback at some point. I still don’t for the life of me get why people think the lying toe rag is the best thing since sliced bread….I understand that he can be charming, funny all the rest of it but those aren’t necessarily qualities that make you a good leader. Being venal, untrustworthy and unrepentant definitely aren’t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He represents Tory values. Its that simple. "Im alright jack. F U and your problems"
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mordaunt's pulled out - Sunak to be crowned as new PM

democracy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can live with Rishi though, he will bring a bit of stability and I do think he's a grown up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

I can live with Rishi though, he will bring a bit of stability and I do think he's a grown up.
    Sunak is a mediocre really, he didn’t do much to help himself in the Tory leadership contest…even if the members weren’t dead set against him to begin with…he didn’t do much to persuade anyone.

However he doesn’t seem to think Reality for nay sayers. He’s the best of a bad bunch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    He’s the best of a bad bunch
    Pretty much. He's the best we could have hoped for given the credible alternatives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im pretty sure Boris was told to go F himself and Mordaunt was also pressured to avoid it going to the membership. We know what would happen then and that would not be a good look.

Seems Lizz is trying to make it past 50 days to maybe 60. Hoping someone in the future will take her out of the Guinness book of records. That in itself is a sort of record. First person to want to exit the Guinness book.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 24-10-2022 at 04:24 PM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Im pretty sure Boris was told to go F himself.
    I just don't think he got the 100 backers. He claimed to have, but he's a pathological liar, so...
    Had he got enough support he would surely have stood, he'd have easily won in a membership vote, they're not going to vote for some coloured fella, especially as so many of them are still, incredibly, under Boris' spell.