User Tag List

Page 405 of 441 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 4408

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading his spectator article you get to the crux of the real Boris Johnson, and how under the surface of this bumbling affable persona is a nasty bit of work. Someone who won’t thank you for pointing out where they’ve gone wrong, but will bitch and moan about how they’ve been unfairly treated….a bit like another politician on the other side of the pond who believes the rules don’t apply to him (I think the indictment is politically motivated but it’s clearly a mess of his own making)

To a degree I can empathise, my standard response to someone telling me I’m being a cunt is to go all Derek and Clive and be “who are you calling a cunt you cunt?” but I like to think once the red mist goes away I reflect and think about whether the criticism is genuine. On here you won’t see that because fuck it, this place is good for venting so even if someone points out I’m being a dick in a reasonable way I’m still going to be ad hominem.

That plus no one really knows each other in order to make really nasty personal comments, and making generic insults or accusing someone of being a nonce is quite funny.

But for people like Johnson and Trump, self-reflection is something they are totally incapable of. They’ve been brought up to believe they were the exception (although Trump was sent to military school because he was too much of an obnoxious twat even for his ghastly sociopath of a father) and so if someone points out they’ve done something wrong it’s like “hang on this isn’t right….I’m exempt from the petty rule making” and become resentful and aggressive

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are both definitely products of their upbringing.
    I mean, aren’t we all?
    Boris has been brought up in this Eton bubble believing that rules don’t apply to him and he has a divine right to rule. Trump would keep a team of psychologists busy for years and has all the traits of narcissism.

The thing I find depressing is how many people they have managed to cast a spell on. Boris’s belief that rules don’t apply to him has proved depressingly accurate although there is finally some consequence now. Trump’s comment about being able to shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not losing a single vote is bafflingly accurate. He’s basically a cult leader.

There are differences, I think Boris knows what’s true but doesn’t care, I don’t think Trump even knows what’s true, so detached from reality is he. Boris has more self awareness, the affable bumbling character is carefully curated. I don’t think Trump is playing a character, that’s just him.

I’m very despondent about the state of politics both here and elsewhere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Rats and sinking ships tbf - I suspect they were already quitting - I think Dorries had already as much as said so some time ago - and this is just a publicity stunt

still, even to appear as though they're finsihing off their political careers for the sake of a cunt like Johnson marks them out as totally deranged

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Rats and sinking ships tbf - I suspect they were already quitting - I think Dorries had already as much as said so some time ago - and this is just a publicity stunt

still, even to appear as though they're finsihing off their political careers for the sake of a cunt like Johnson marks them out as totally deranged

I think it depends whether they were looking to step down at the end of this parliament anyway, I know certainly that Nadine Dorres was.

Adams seat is notionally one that could go to Labour at a general election and they certainly will be expecting to take it at a by-election.

I suspect that if it’s just those three by-elections, two of the seats will be won by Labour (Uxbridge and South Ruislip and Selby and Ainsty) and the Mid Bedfordshire seat will go to the Liberal Democrat’s (or for the purposes of by elections the NIMBY party)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65869516

Oh do piss off you insufferable twunt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I think it depends whether they were looking to step down at the end of this parliament anyway, I know certainly that Nadine Dorres was.
    Which is pretty much exactly what I said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is pretty much exactly what I said
    Sorry were you saying something? I wasn’t paying attention

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Sorry were you saying something? I wasn’t paying attention
    clearly, which is why you quoted my entire post in your own post and have replied to my follow-up also

Make a note to yourself: "must do better when trying to be clever and funny - one out of the two would be a start"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clearly, which is why you quoted my entire post in your own post and have replied to my follow-up also

Make a note to yourself: "must do better when trying to be clever and funny - one out of the two would be a start"
    Trying to be funny would suggest that I’m in need of other people to validate me, and of course if the roles were reversed I wouldn’t believe you if you told me that you weren’t seeking validation, but it’s also the truth that I don’t especially care if you believe me or not.

I’ve seen myriad examples of people quoting my posts without having properly read them, I don’t feel the need to get especially precious about it unless they are arguing against a point I haven’t actually made and then my response is “if you’re debating a straw man, do you really need me here at all?”

I don’t think anything I said was even intended to be a rebuttal of what you said in any event.