Page 413 of 441 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 4408

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t say any of it was a surprise

But at the same time having your parents indulge you in that fantasy is one thing, there are plenty of rotten parents who indulge their spoilt, entitled little shits

But he’s been indulged for so long by journalistic colleagues, friends, colleagues, the Tory party and in large part British society.

Even now you’ll get the vox pops defend him…why? I don’t get what’s in it for you?.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Even now you’ll get the vox pops defend him…why? I don’t get what’s in it for you?.
    An astonishing number of people are caught in his spell. He's not quite the cult leader Trump is, but he affable buffoon character he players is depressingly effective.
    Probably posted this before, but look at this

It was in the light of something horrible Boris said, I think it was the thing about Muslim women looking like letterboxes.
    So the press camp outside his place looking for comment. Boris puts on some ridiculous clothes, ruffles his hair, shuffles out with a tea tray and literally 10 seconds in the reporter is laughing along with him instead of asking him the difficult questions. It's so effective. I mean, he is funny. The HIGNFY appearance was brilliant. If he stuck to stuff like that I'd probably quite like him, I wouldn't care about the lies and the incompetence. But when he's in charge of a country this stuff matters. Let's hope this is the end of him being in any position of power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally think the Hijab/Burkha/Niqab deserve to be criticised, they are horrible garments that basically hold women responsible for rapey and insecure men. I just think that given Johnson’s tendency towards levity on race in the past it was always going to be turned into a racist thing rather than a critique of a horrendous and primitive culture that we have absolutely no obligation to respect.

Don’t get me wrong of course on the face of it when he makes comments like that in an article it’s a dog whistle appeal to all the wrong kind of people. But I also think that not being critical of the intolerant and regressive aspects of Islamic culture shows that people that call themselves liberals are vapid hypocrites. This is why I have no time for this respect for diversity message that organisations put out.
    There are cultural differences that are enjoyable and vibrant and interesting but not all difference is good

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally think the Hijab/Burkha/Niqab deserve to be criticised
    Well, possibly. It was more the way he did it.
    But anyway, whatever you think of what he said, the point I was making was how quickly and skilfully he used the bumbling buffoon persona to disarm the fuss about it.
    He's bloody brilliant at it and it's seen him ride out more storms than most would.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do say the secret to good comedy is timing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65930008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see there’s lots of reaction to Robert Jenrick stating that child friendly paintings on walls in detention centres need to be removed to make them less welcoming, my reaction is amusement at the pettiness and vapidness of a government that hasn’t got a handle on the boats nor can make a delineation between that and the overall number of migrants coming here.

Ultimately I can understand why people worry about immigration in numbers (I personally don’t really give a fuck) my concern is more based on integration….if you have a lot of young men coming from cultures where women are regarded as about the same level as chattel slaves it’s not necessarily going to amount to anything good.

But ultimately when it’s people crossing in boats it’s going to be adult males rather than women and children under the proviso of I’ll make the dangerous crossing and send for you if it’s safe (if we assume that they have female relatives/loved ones).

Ultimately the solution long term is to examine how we deal with countries where people are fleeing from, fleeing either persecution or just the hope of a better life. We have international aid agreements with Pakistan, and often I’m wondering why…a country with horrendous poverty, gap between rich and poor, appalling adult literacy rates and gross political corruption and invariably the sharia is used to detract from that.

Why are we giving these countries money that clearly isn’t being spent on infrastructure, education, welfare programs…but instead ending up in manilla envelopes to keep the head of the army or the chief of police in lobster dinners.

If we are going to give financial aid, there needs to be an international escrow situation conceived which would make sure the money is being used as intended and disincentivises the system of kickbacks and corruption that we are stupidly keeping on life support.

And then, it’s just possible we won’t have these people fleeing their country to begin with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another day, another by-election in the offing.

Are the Tories trying to salami slice away their majority to nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another day, another by-election in the offing.

Are the Tories trying to salami slice away their majority to nothing
    Interesting result in Cambridgeshire though. Despite the business as usual and let's all laugh at France party line, there's a growing number of people acting on issues that are real and exist outside the theatre. Seems they didn't approve of paying for 5 days and only getting 4, with congestion charging thrown in as a bonus. Personally I'd pay them full price to do no work at all, the quickest way to see things improve.

Labour might be ushered onto the stage by the witless rabble but plenty will stand against the ensuing lunacy.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://twitter.com/steven_swinford/...k_DvSqUkaQFrjw

Aldridge Prior, doing what he does best as usual

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)