User Tag List

Page 44 of 446 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm voting for the guy who brings home the bacon.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I'm voting for the guy who brings home the bacon.
    Swine
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

Secret societies with blackmail rituals, paedophilia, dead kids, shady cash deals, selective interbreeding, these are the elite.
    So you did get round to watching True Detective season one then?

I was going to ask you in the TV thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    So you did get round to watching True Detective season one then?

I was going to ask you in the TV thread.
    No. But I will at some point. I'm not starting anything potentially decent at the moment because I genuinely have work to do. And if I start something decent I'll just watch the whole thing over a few days and get sacked again. Will save for xmas.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red Neoliberals: How Corbyn’s Victory Unmasked Britain’s Guardian

In autumn 2002 Ed Vulliamy, a correspondent for Britain’s Sunday Observer newspaper, stumbled on a terrible truth that many of us already suspected.

In a world-exclusive, he persuaded Mel Goodman, a former senior Central Intelligence Agency official who still had security clearance, to go on record that the CIA knew there were no WMD in Iraq. Everything the US and British governments were telling us to justify the coming attack on Iraq were lies.

Then something even more extraordinary happened. The Observer failed to print the story.

In his book Flat Earth News, Nick Davies recounts that Vulliamy, one of the Observer’s most trusted reporters, submitted the piece another six times in different guises over the next half year. Each time the Observer spiked the story.

Vulliamy never went public with this monumental crime against real journalism (should there not be a section for media war crimes at the Hague?). The supposedly liberal-left Observer was never held accountable for the grave betrayal of its readership and the world community.

But at the weekend maybe the tables turned a little. The Observer gave Vulliamy a platform in its comment pages to take issue with an editorial the previous week savaging Jeremy Corbyn’s election as Labour Party leader.

In understandably cautious mode, Vulliamy called the paper’s stance towards Corbyn “churlish”, warning that it had lost the chance to stand apart from the rest of the British media. All had taken vehemently against the new Labour leader from the very beginning of his candidacy.

“we conjoined the chorus with our own – admittedly more progressive – version of this obsession with electoral strategy with little regard to what Corbyn says about the principles of justice, peace and equality (or less inequality).”

What do these two confrontations between Vulliamy and the Observer –13 years apart; one public, one not – indicate about the changing status of the liberal-left media?

To understand what’s going on, we also need to consider the coverage of Corbyn in the Guardian, the better-known daily sister paper of the Observer.
    Continue... http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/09/...ains-guardian/
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Ed Vulliamy's daughter. She's a bit weird.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insane war criminals readying their next illegal bombing campaign.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6679401.html

ISIS is a US/ UK operation trained in US detention camps (how did they all get out btw?) and supplied quite brazenly by the west. Any illegal bombing campaigns will be directed against the Syrian government, the British war criminals being so keen to get involved because the spoils of a lucrative gas pipeline are in play and we don't want to leave it all for the yanks and the frenchies. This is all normal, we've seen the war criminals doing this over and over again over the last 3 decades.

However what is not normal is this time Russian forces will be under those bombs. Anyone who remembers back to the 80s and the various spheres of influence that averted wars and potential nuclear wars will have a fair idea just how insane this sustained western policy of aggression against Russia and China is. We're playing right inside the east's sphere of influence and it's hard to spot any regard for the consequences. The question that is never asked, why is the west so desperate?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Insane war criminals readying their next illegal bombing campaign.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6679401.html

ISIS is a US/ UK operation trained in US detention camps (how did they all get out btw?) and supplied quite brazenly by the west. Any illegal bombing campaigns will be directed against the Syrian government, the British war criminals being so keen to get involved because the spoils of a lucrative gas pipeline are in play and we don't want to leave it all for the yanks and the frenchies. This is all normal, we've seen the war criminals doing this over and over again over the last 3 decades.

However what is not normal is this time Russian forces will be under those bombs. Anyone who remembers back to the 80s and the various spheres of influence that averted wars and potential nuclear wars will have a fair idea just how insane this sustained western policy of aggression against Russia and China is. We're playing right inside the east's sphere of influence and it's hard to spot any regard for the consequences. The question that is never asked, why is the west so desperate?
    Have you seen Adam Curtis' Bitter Lake? Quite an interesting take on ISIS. Might still be on iPlayer, I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Have you seen Adam Curtis' Bitter Lake? Quite an interesting take on ISIS. Might still be on iPlayer, I'm not sure.
    Saw it. It really only scrapes the surface but at least he identifies the correct target. He got panned by the gatekeepers of course, you can't go off script.

Apparently the Russians have routed ISIS (or the moderates or whatever they are being called today) in the last 72 hours. Of course they have. Modern military actually attacking them instead of dropping supplies. The Whitehouse is crying into buckets claiming innocent civilians have been killed (and using 3 week old photography as evidence). We are closer to war than at any time since the 60s and the raving lunatic Cameron is straining at the leash to chuck more bombs into the mix. If Corbyn is a threat to our national security what the hell is Dave? One stupid move and this all goes off. US, UK, France, Turkey and the unmentionables versus Russia, China and Iran. Unpleasant.

If we really want to wipe out a bunch of fanatic, backward, misogynistic, racist, barbaric, head chopping, religious nut jobs let's drop weapons rather than sell them. Bloody Saudis.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curtis' wider narrative was our long history with Afghanistan so the ISIS analysis was one of the many smaller parts of his thinking. He's a rare documentarian given space to really provoke thought on TV, I have to give the BBC that at least. Although his work is heavily sidelined and left to disappear in the hidden corners of their organisation.

The Syria situation is very worrying and of course it is no coincidence at all that Scameron and co are trying to find alliances with China and embed themselves further with the Saudis. And of course with Iran, as the EU tries to ween itself off Gazprom, while also hoping that the U.S. can help that too through the disastrous forthcoming TPP. Russia aren't changing their stance with Ukraine and know they the West will continue to try to cut them out. Any fuck ups over this Syria mess on this part of the world could well trigger events we can't reverse. Putin is not a man to fuck with.