Not sure I care about this much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34715872

Not sure I care about this much.
    LOL - they are such kidders. They already do all this.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got nothign to hide and besides there's no wifi in my basement.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    LOL - they are such kidders. They already do all this.
    Probably. Not sure I care really.
    I seriously doubt there's someone sitting there looking at all the things I browse. There's probably a computer doing so, looking for keywords and logging anything which may warrant closer attention but meh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably. Not sure I care really.
    I seriously doubt there's someone sitting there looking at all the things I browse. There's probably a computer doing so, looking for keywords and logging anything which may warrant closer attention but meh.
    You're not sure you care about your own privacy?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For example:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...hootix&ref=yfp

Coupled with:
    The Wilson doctrine - preventing surveillance of Parliamentarians' communications - to be written into law.

Anyone who can't see what's happening here is dangerously complacent or wilfully ignorant. It's not even about the data. It's about the ever growing divide between the legal protections afforded to government and their corporate masters and the general citizenry, which originally government and the corporations (look it up) were designed to serve.

Effectively the complacent and ignorant are volunteering themselves and everyone else to be second class citizens. Probably at the same time as waving banners to outlaw racism and sexism because, you know, that's trendy.

Who serves whom? This is question. Not, "Why should I care, I have nothing to hide".
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, forever.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You're not sure you care about your own privacy?
    If I thought someone was sitting there reading all my emails then I'd be somewhat irritated. Even if they are, I'd guess they're pretty bored by now.
    If there's an algorithm generally keeping an eye on things, trying to look for patterns and flagging up things which might warrant a closer look then fine, don't really see how it affects me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, forever.
    Costa for PM
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I thought someone was sitting there reading all my emails then I'd be somewhat irritated. Even if they are, I'd guess they're pretty bored by now.
    If there's an algorithm generally keeping an eye on things, trying to look for patterns and flagging up things which might warrant a closer look then fine, don't really see how it affects me.
    You're not really getting this are you?

Nobody is sitting there reading your email. Nobody is checking a list of your browser habits, fortunately for you. What they are doing is using computers to mine and collate patterns in your personally identifiable information and habits so they can sell your arse to every marketing firm out there. That's what all this "national security" is about - MONEY.

Which might lead you to say, hey, so what if I get a few targeted ads - that's better than non-targeted, right? Which would again be missing the point.

You'll get the point when one day your child can't get insurance coverage because of a potential problem (statistically speaking) with your left testicle. When your national insurance bill goes up because you consumed product X which comes at a premium. When your car insurance company doubles your Direct Theft agreement because your car grassed you up for doing 31mph in a 200 yard stretch of 30mph zone on a variable speed route. When your ISP trebles your charges for consuming premium rate (non-establishment approved) services. When your bank ups your charges because they have access to all your purchase history and view you as an amber risk. When someone not even that bright but with a few tools hacks in and steals your arse from under you and you can't prove a damn thing because nobody believes you, they only believe the computer.

But of course you could carefully guard your every move and ensure you always behaved impeccably in terms of what is expected and dictated by your betters and hope the hacker picks on somebody else. If you ensured absolutely nothing was private and you always stayed within the terms of the social contract then you'd have nothing to fear. Except, of course, the fact you'd have become a mindless drone devoid of meaningful life and in service of the corporation. But you'd be safe, you'd have an owner with an interest in keeping you properly. So that's a plus I suppose.
    Für eure Sicherheit