User Tag List

Page 87 of 449 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Mistyping - Of course human beings don't act rationally, my argument is that they are not capable of doing it on a consistent basis

"How can we not be harming the Earth through pumping so much shit into its atmosphere but given big business continues to do so on such a scale with all this information and doomsday scenarios kicking round, I'd wager we are nowhere near the level of self-destruction being suggested"

Because that's a rational way of looking at it, my contention is human being aren't rational. I work in the public sector and believe me if you can't get joined up thinking in one small organisation....what chance is there of getting it on a far larger scale?.

Why aren't we putting the screws on china?.....1) Ultimately there isn't the political will and 2) We have nothing to leverage against them

All the information tells me if i don't stop smoking i am going to exponentially increase my chances of getting cancer, I don't deny the risk and yet i continue to smoke?. Of course that's a slightly different example to climate change because again, If we stop producing carbon emissions in such a great number or not....will make not a jot of difference.

Well actually that's not true, if we drop carbon emissions down to absolute zero....the process will take ever so slightly longer to happen and there's a chance that a few communities of human beings will survive in a state of nature similar to when we were cave dwellers in the palaeolithic era.
    Warmist models have predicted nothing, ever. Not even once and not even close. And on the strength of this a whole religion has been constructed. Everyone is then asked to be a member of the faithful or a denier.

Where have we seen this before?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are the one turning it into a religion, you've even given it's "followers" a name.
    But it isn't a religion, it's just science. It's not something you can choose to believe in or not.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...break-records/

But Brexit and Trump have shown that facts don't matter any more and this is another example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You are the one turning it into a religion, you've even given it's "followers" a name.
    But it isn't a religion, it's just science. It's not something you can choose to believe in or not.

But Brexit and Trump have shown that facts don't matter any more and this is another example.
    Here's another commercial link

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...emperature-re/

You could spend all day exchanging online links but the argument against it is part of a larger argument.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus, it's sad. First the 97% thing, now this. Are you incapable of doing a bit of research before you fling up links? FFS, you lazy bastard. Go and find out how that article was greeted by the scientific community and how even NASA confirmed it was bullshit in advance. As for Brexit and Trump, the approved sources you favour didn't do so well there either, did they? You can't get a pattern from your climate models, maybe you can spot one in the consistent failure of the establishment repeaters and the legacy media?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even The Donald is becoming a convert

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-a7432671.html

Testify!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Here's another commercial link

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...emperature-re/

You could spend all day exchanging online links but the argument against it is part of a larger argument.
    We could exchange links all day but it's people like NASA and the Royal Society talking about climate change, not the good people at tinfoilhat.com. The trouble with the conspiracy theory mindset is that it's impossible to argue with. You can provide a mountain of evidence but they can just claim that's all part of the conspiracy! People who think that way decide what they believe first - usually that will be the opposite of the common belief - and they'll then fit all the evidence around that, dismissing all that shows them to be wrong as part of a conspiracy. End of the day I don't need scientists to tell me the climate has changed, it's noticeable even in my lifetime and I'm not that old! The only debate is why it has changed. NQ glibly said previously "It's the sun". I presume that conclusion is based on his years of study and research into the matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could exchange links all day but it's people like NASA and the Royal Society talking about climate change, not the good people at tinfoilhat.com. The trouble with the conspiracy theory mindset is that it's impossible to argue with. You can provide a mountain of evidence but they can just claim that's all part of the conspiracy! People who think that way decide what they believe first - usually that will be the opposite of the common belief - and they'll then fit all the evidence around that, dismissing all that shows them to be wrong as part of a conspiracy. End of the day I don't need scientists to tell me the climate has changed, it's noticeable even in my lifetime and I'm not that old! The only debate is why it has changed. NQ glibly said previously "It's the sun". I presume that conclusion is based on his years of study and research into the matter.
    Kids in nursery know the sun drives the climate but don't worry, they grow up and forget all about it.

You STILL didn't bother researching that article, did you? Even though two people tipped you off.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even The Donald is becoming a convert

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-a7432671.html

Testify!
    Trump is just getting used to flexing his super powers. Spy on people, abuse their civil and human rights, deny their legal rights, imprison them without trial, torture them, assassinate them? Thanks Uncle Obama! He can do all that, like a god or a high level gamer. Fuck with warmists, Jews or banksters? Nooooooo. Other people handle that stuff.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But as that source and many many others will tell you, crucial parts of information are left out of the puzzle until suddenly the headline isn't quite what it says it is and then NASA officially backtrack on their position. But that admission never makes the mainstream and so their job is done, the idea remains that the world is getting hotter and hotter. The lazy thing is to talk about 'tin foil hats' and generalise the idea that anyone that pulls up these actual, real facts to counter how muddy the waters are when it comes recording the Earth's temperature, is insane.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...g-in-new-study

To balance it out, i have also read the reports that deny the Lewandowsky study, claiming that he didn't do the research he claims to have done in terms of contacting climate change or conspiratorial expose websites.

But to be honest, most of the arguments on here seem to be less about denying the science and more about following the narrative of "they lie to us about everything, so why should we trust them now"

Science isn't exact, it's important to challenge findings and provide evidence of variables where they exist, but frankly most of the denier arguments come down to ad hominem remarks about those making the claims as being manipulative rather than challenging the claims themselves directly

Of course i accept that even if 97% of scientists are on board with man made climate change, it doesn't make the 3% wrong.....but calling it a hoax seems more to be convenient to those who want to believe it is.

Like Trump, who denies climate change because of a desire to ratchet up "clean coal" useage