Page 445 of 449 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 4481

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Your argument is that Corbyn would have changed things.
    My argument is that different parties - and even different leaders within parties - have different philosophies, that causes them to make different policies and those affect people's lives.

Your argument seems to be that it hasn't really affected you, so therefore it hasn't affected anyone.
    You're focusing on the economy and I'm not denying there are other bigger things going on globally which means the government don't control that - although Truss's idiocy definitely had an impact. But government make policies on things like benefits and taxation which affects people.
    They determine what is legal and illegal. A century ago women couldn't vote. You may have heard of slavery, that used to be legal you know. Till the 60s being in a gay relationship was literally illegal. Gay marriage and adoption was only legal quite recently. The idea that government policies don't change people's lives is ludicrous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    My argument is that different parties - and even different leaders within parties - have different philosophies, that causes them to make different policies and those affect people's lives.

Your argument seems to be that it hasn't really affected you, so therefore it hasn't affected anyone.
    You're focusing on the economy and I'm not denying there are other bigger things going on globally which means the government don't control that - although Truss's idiocy definitely had an impact. But government make policies on things like benefits and taxation which affects people.
    They determine what is legal and illegal. A century ago women couldn't vote. You may have heard of slavery, that used to be legal you know. Till the 60s being in a gay relationship was literally illegal. Gay marriage and adoption was only legal quite recently. The idea that government policies don't change people's lives is ludicrous.
    No im saying for the majority of people it doesn’t make much difference on a day to day basis

How many people in this country are Gay? And in fact homosexuality itself was never illegal. Because the laws had no concept of homosexuality (completely alien term until the late 19th century) the laws were anti sodomy laws. And that actually buggery between a heterosexual couple was also illegal. Lesbianism wasn’t illegal because women weren’t recognised as having sexual agency under the law.

So you’re talking about a very small group of people

Like with Brexit the impact on the majority of peoples lives is small and piecemeal and so gradual that you don’t even really notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    No im saying for the majority of people it doesn’t make much difference on a day to day basis
    I think that's slightly overstating it. I sort of know what you're saying but policy on things like taxation affects almost everyone.
    It might not be the difference between on the streets or not - although for some people it literally has been.

How many people in this country are Gay?
    According to Disney it's about one in 5
    It doesn't matter. It was just an example. It demonstrates a principle. Government policy can significantly affect the lives of groups of people.
    I'd agree it doesn't often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Labour is experiencing difficulty in areas where the population is more than 10% Muslim. They might panic about this, like they did when they started backing a ceasefire. The fact that the ceasefire they back is predicated on the release of Israeli hostages tells you everything about the type of people they are up against.

Backing a ceasefire of any description is in my view promoting masochism, when the remnants of Hamas are all located in Rafah why on earth would you be expected not to finish what you’ve started.

But that’s neither here nor there, this is a good thing for Labour. It means they can win a national election without being dependent on the support of deeply illiberal people who are collectively given their opinion by horrible community leaders who believe they can bully people into getting what they want. And to that end they’ve been right, idiot liberals in their respect for diversity and inclusion have turned their back on everything they ever claimed to stand for.

Starmer is too cowardly to properly take advantage of this, in the same way he’s been spineless on gender woo. But a clever and forward thinking Labour leader would use this to promote voices of moderate, reformist Muslims who have come here to integrate and who want their community to break free from the shackles of barbarism and totalitarian ideology

The opportunity is there, it just needs someone with the courage to push for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Disney it's about one in 5
    That's just a Mickey Mouse company though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People claiming this was staged. I mean why? The guy literally is that haphazard…he had to borrow a pair of trousers for his own wedding

This is the same as the Covid truthers. On one hand it’s fine to accuse Johnson of lying it’s what he does after all. But you’re accusing NHS staff of being crisis actors…fuck off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also hearing news that Susan Hall might have beaten Kahn in the London Mayoral election due to a depressed turnout

I don’t know how true this is, but it could well be in keeping with the Islamists voting against Labour

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect turnout will be low, but I don't know why that would particularly favour Hall.
    The polls seemed to be quite heavily in Khan's favour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect turnout will be low, but I don't know why that would particularly favour Hall.
    The polls seemed to be quite heavily in Khan's favour.
    Low Turnout tends to benefit Conservatives because the ones that do turn out on polling day are more likely to be elderly voters who vote Conservative.

I personally don’t think this is likely because Reform surely would have bitten into Hall as much as the Greens Kahn

But as I’ve said if areas like Tower Hamlets have turned against Kahn over Gaza which has definitely happened in places like West Midlands and Bolton. It could mean that the outer london areas not especially pre-disposed to Kahn will be more influential than thought.

He has been pushing his luck with this ULEZ stuff, and this stuff about Knife crime and Londonistan does hit home