User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Julian Draxler Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He's absolutely infuriating. But, in an age of extreme financial doping he has kept us in the CL, steered us into a financially strong position and generally kept us in or around the top of the game. But there's a conservatism to him that he would probably justify by pointing to the end result but I guess the fans are agitated by because we're always left wondering what could have been achieved if we'd just applied a bit more. A player here, a substitution there. Wenger's a long game player, not ideal for fans who want it today.
    IMO he's not proactive enough for today's game, I agree he doesn't think about the long game, the trouble is the game always seems to be changing and playing the long game never seems to heed rewards, these days it's about grabbing the moment and making the most of what opportunities you have or trying to influence what happens using a more spontaneous approach.

His long game was to build a team of youngsters and turn them into world beaters who could dominate, in this day and age this won't happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    these days it's about grabbing the moment and making the most of what opportunities you have or trying to influence what happens using a more spontaneous approach.
    Like Portsmouth!
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I think if he signs Draxler and a striker on loan, than we will know he is serious about success short and long term if not than we will know this is a man who has no faith in his own ability to deliver silverware and is happier to retreat to his comfort zone of champions league qualification

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The telegraph mentioned possibly taking Tello on loan as well as Draxler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Draxy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of these press reports are meaningless as is anything being said by either club until the final hour of the window on Friday. That's when we do our business. In fact don't be surprised if we ask for an extension and leave it all until the last -1 hours. I really hope they don't screw around on the price this time whether it's Draxler or somebody else. Let's just get a deal done for somebody other than Sanogo's cousin.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will not be signing anyone. We have as well Bendtner and Sanogo who can play there
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Like Portsmouth!
    I was thinking more like Leeds, they set the bar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GeoffArsenal - ITK -

I think we can forget about Draxler for now in my opinion. I hope i'm wrong and they can pull it off. It doesn't look good. Disappointed.

Guess we didn't want to stump up the extra £7m or so. They want £37m, we're offering £30m max.

Would've been a good signing but oh well I guess.