User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Draxler Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's bollocks, he's only injured for 10 days too.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Red Ribbon View Post
    Well I don't want him then. If he's only going to be as good as Ronaldo we might as well keep Miyaichi.

That's not exactly what I said tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, rumour has it that Levy is blocking Holtbys move to Schalke in a bid stop us from getting Draxler, priceless, a chairman more concerned about what we do than what his own club is doing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a bit dubious we'd get Draxler but now Levy is involved it's a sure thing! Welcome to Arsenal Julian and thanks as always Danny boy!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many prodical young Germans can there possibly be at the end of the day. Makes you wonder why they havent just blown everybody away in the last few tournaments.

In football, we have fashions. Scottish and Iberian managers are popular because of Fergie and Mourinho, and C level Spanish players like Llorente and Mata have taken clubs for bucketloads, trading on their nationalities.

This guy could quite easily be the Steward Downing of German football.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if he is, Bayern Munich would still buy him from us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I have seen of him he looks very very good, he's very highly regarded in Germany, he's seen as one of their most exciting talents and they have plenty of them!

He's quick, technically excellent, a great dribbler, decent shot, fairly strong too.

I would love it if we signed him because I truly believe Wenger will develop him into a World Class Player.

He's had a couple of seasons in Bundesliga and has done well, also has done well in CL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    How many prodical young Germans can there possibly be at the end of the day. Makes you wonder why they havent just blown everybody away in the last few tournaments.

In football, we have fashions. Scottish and Iberian managers are popular because of Fergie and Mourinho, and C level Spanish players like Llorente and Mata have taken clubs for bucketloads, trading on their nationalities.

This guy could quite easily be the Steward Downing of German football.
    What have the Stewards of Downing street got to do with this....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ie-for-arsenal

Interesting reads.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...to-a-superstar

Very. Kid could be a beast.

Interesting quote.

When Arsenal announced the signing of Henry from Juventus in 1999 for a then club-record transfer fee of £11 million, Wenger was taken aback when there were suggestions of placing Henry back on the wings.

"I don't know why you would put a player with his physique on the wing," Wenger said, as per Roy Collins at The Guardian. "You have to at least try to play him down the middle."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must be a far faster and comprehensive reader than me PGtips..... always have a few external sources at the ready!

Most interesting part of that was - 'There is one quality above all others that makes Draxler a suitable choice to play upfront at Arsenal: his first touch.'

A very important ingredient for an Arsenal centre forward. RvP in a sense was a little more obvious as he always had incredible shooting technique on his left foot and had a knack of scoring from bizarre angles but if Draxler's first touch is top notch that lands him in good stead.

Not quite sure how he is ranked Bild's 90th best Bundesliga player and Kicker's 108th! Not sure what it is based on.

I think Rafael Honingstein is a really good reporter and I was interested to hear him comment on Reus' clause recently too in which he said it did not come into effect till the summer.....which I think is what a few have suggested for Draxler.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 16-01-2014 at 04:17 PM.