User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Draxler Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Not quite sure how he is ranked Bild's 90th best Bundesliga player and Kicker's 108th! Not sure what it is based on.
    Simple really. Its based on them studying German football week in, week out. As opposed to seeing his score on Champions League Goals one evening once.

Just hope Wenger knows what hes doing. 3 Germans for 100mill odd, while the two so far have not really impressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    Simple really. Its based on them studying German football week in, week out. As opposed to seeing his score on Champions League Goals one evening once.

Just hope Wenger knows what hes doing. 3 Germans for 100mill odd, while the two so far have not really impressed.
    You trust the german media to be correct about what they're writting, because they're the german media. Yet you dont trust one of the best managers ever on his football knowledge? BOBN strikes again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasTC View Post
    You trust the german media to be correct about what they're writting, because they're the german media. Yet you dont trust one of the best managers ever on his football knowledge? BOBN strikes again
    Yes thats right. I trust the German media over Wenger.

They arent like the giddy English press pack. About a decade ago I remember a German article delaring there were no world class players in the Bundesliga getting attention over here. We would never do that, when the Premier League was second rate we pretended muppets like Cantona were top drawer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...or-the-gunners

Read this yesterday also. Writer also questions if this is the right move for us and why not? He's still a kid in development at the end of the day and it's a lot of money on the table if we spend another £40m. Ozil is proven talent and you know he'll get better but Draxler is a gamble even though he looks very talented.

As for Wenger's knowledge...he doesn't always get it right so you can't blame anyone that's skeptical. It's not as if we didn't sign Chamakh after he was scouted for a while. As for young players, we've had our fair share of duds and Reyes was one of them even though he looked to have it all in his locker.

I'd welcome the signing of Draxler but if reports are right, we may be able to get him for £20m because Schalke. I'd be comfortable with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We wont be paying anything like €40m for Draxler. We'll be trying to turn his head and make him only want to join us and effectively down tools at Schalke giving them little choice but to sell.

We thought we could do that with Suarez but it turns out he didn't want to join us enough to refuse to play for Liverpool and force the move. I'm sure he would have done if Madrid were after him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    You must be a far faster and comprehensive reader than me PGtips..... always have a few external sources at the ready!

Most interesting part of that was - 'There is one quality above all others that makes Draxler a suitable choice to play upfront at Arsenal: his first touch.'

A very important ingredient for an Arsenal centre forward. RvP in a sense was a little more obvious as he always had incredible shooting technique on his left foot and had a knack of scoring from bizarre angles but if Draxler's first touch is top notch that lands him in good stead.

Not quite sure how he is ranked Bild's 90th best Bundesliga player and Kicker's 108th! Not sure what it is based on.

I think Rafael Honingstein is a really good reporter and I was interested to hear him comment on Reus' clause recently too in which he said it did not come into effect till the summer.....which I think is what a few have suggested for Draxler.
    It's a great site for football fans. Always worth checking out.

You're right about the first touch thing and I guess I've found the answer to why Wenger has been playing Theo on the flanks. It links in with that other quote about getting players to learn how to play in tighter spaces so they learn his to exploit space better when deployed in the centre.

The kid sounds exciting. Both footed, deadly shot and pretty good at beating his man. Even if we don't play him as a striker in the centre, the winger role from the left could be perfect for him. It's a risky move for us because he's been inconsistent in the league and hasn't been that influential this season. I'd like to see him join the club but not so sure we should be activating his release cause to get him now when it seems like he's more of a project and one for the future. But we will see. Wouldn't complain if we did. Kid could be a beast if he really is about it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Red Ribbon View Post
    Neil Patrick Harris obviously very used to putting things in his mouth

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Erm no....sorry doesn't matter how good this guy is what's the point when we do not need anymore midfielders

Maybe to be considered in the summer as a long-term replacement for Tomas Rosicky but it's got to be a striker if we want to maintain any pretence of wanting to win things this season.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unveiling on monday apparently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Red Ribbon View Post
    Unveiling on monday apparently