User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will we win the league?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 36.00%
  • No

16 64.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we win the league?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s January and we’re top of the league. It’s in our hands. If we’re short on fire power….it’s January . Massive opportunity to reclaim the title and the team have the stomach for it. They haven’t folded to pressure and we’ve lead the league all season. Management have to back this team with new signings this month. City have Spurs next and then Chelsea. I’m hoping they drop points and we continue to do what we’ve been doing. We can do it this year.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No because at some point the depth of City and Chelsea's squad will show.

Yes if we strengthen in January.

Hope Wenger doesn't take the risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly think we're capable but have a feeling we'll be edged out when push comes to shove.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    Can we? Sure.

Will we? Dunno.
    That, pretty much.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you all been asked to go on MOTD?

lol just lol at you bunch of sheerahs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And no. Of course we won't win it. Man City are going to end up with 90 points or summat. We'll end up with low-mid 80s. Lacking the final piece of the jigsaw: a good striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No and not because I think we will bottle it our anything. Just feel Man City and most likely Chelsea will be a bit too strong for us. Don't get me wrong, all three of us are in good form but I think we're more likely to slip up them either of those clubs.

I think in order for us to win the league we will need to beat Man City home, Chelsea away. Can't see that myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    And no. Of course we won't win it. Man City are going to end up with 90 points or summat. We'll end up with low-mid 80s. Lacking the final piece of the jigsaw: a billionaire sugar-daddy.
    Fixed your typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we win the league? of course

will we? well right now i think we can, its going to be close but i think we have the one thing both city and chelsea don't have which will help us. Team spirit. we want this title more then anything, look at the teams celebrations, look at the unity together both on and off the pitch. when the going gets tough for both city and chelsea this season we have seen they haven't really fought much hence some of their losses whereas we have.

one thing is for sure though, its the middle of January and we are top, every single fan should be believing we can win the league and get behind the team, not wanking over city as some fans have taken to doing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Can we win the league? of course

will we? well right now i think we can, its going to be close but i think we have the one thing both city and chelsea don't have which will help us. Team spirit. we want this title more then anything, look at the teams celebrations, look at the unity together both on and off the pitch. when the going gets tough for both city and chelsea this season we have seen they haven't really fought much hence some of their losses whereas we have.

one thing is for sure though, its the middle of January and we are top, every single fan should be believing we can win the league and get behind the team, not wanking over city as some fans have taken to doing
    Objective as always Ollie.

How you have come to the conclusion that we have Team Spirit and City and Chelsea don't is beyond me?! If anything, both of those sides have strong team spirit now they have new managers who seem settled, I would agree last season both clubs had team spirit issues but not this season.

Moreover, to say both of those sides haven't fought much is not true, we were 5 clear at one stage and both clubs have clawed their way right back into the title race.

I do believe we can win the league, heck we are top and we're just past the halfway stage, I just feel both of those clubs have deeper squads and more experience when it comes to the title race. We also have a disadvantage in as much as we struggle in the big games, of course big games don't win you titles outright but they will go a long way to giving us a great chance.

Me personally, I am not in awe of Man City at all, but right now they look very very good, they have wiped the floor with their rivals on their home turf and have improved their away form. If I was a betting man I would have them odds on for the title.

Despite all that, it doesn't mean I won't cheer Arsenal on and I feel we are capable of winning the title until is mathematically impossible.