User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will we win the league?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 36.00%
  • No

16 64.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we win the league?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will we win the league?

Simple question, most of the discussion on here has tiptoed round the issue, and while that's all very productive and interesting, it doesn't get to the core issue of this season; are we better than every other Premiership side?

Personally, I'd be surprised if we won it. On a level playing field, with United being shit, Liverpool still a work in progress, Spurs being Forever In Our Shadow and the two scum clubs still languishing in mid table because they were never chosen as the cock-extension of some bored billionaire, I reckon we'd be walking it.

As it is, my fear is that City in particular will just power through because of their unlimited squad depth, whereas we're relying on the lot we've got to keep performing at a similar level to what they are now; give City a sniff, which we will eventually do, IMO, and they won't look back.

I'd love it if I were proven wrong, love it, and it's not impossible, and this season is already a success given where we were last season, but I just can't believe, deep down, that we'll do it.
    Last edited by WMUG; 20-01-2014 at 09:03 AM.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First to vote
    somebody put something in my milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even with a fit Walcott we were still concerned we only had Giroud upfront & he was unproven. Now with Walcott out & the recent struggles to score against pub teams the situation is even worse. If we don't address it with a quality winger/striker in Jan then we will get what we deserve. Top 4 = Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool - in that order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont believe we can win the league this year, despite me being an optimist. As long as Giroud keep choking when it matters and FA/refs dont want us to win, i dont see it happening. But if City keeps being shit away and we keep winning all those minor games, it might happend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, and it's a shame because without the billionaire fueled clubs we'd be miles ahead of everyone.
    For all the criticism of Wenger over the last few years - some of which has been deserved - he's quietly built another very good squad which is better than the squads of all the other teams who have assembled theirs legitimately.
    It must be recognised of course that we do have more money than many of those teams but at least it is our money, earned by prudent business decisions, not just donated by someone willing to spend until they blunder their way to the top.

I don't see it as failure to finish below City or Chelsea, all their 'achievements' should be marked with an asterisk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see us winning the league, up front we don't have enough and I think we look pretty tired and laboured at the moment and there's a long way to go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.

We have a good solid base in our team, which is something we have lacked over the years.

Chesney has been great, and BFG and Kosc are one of our best CB pairings we've had since 2005. In front of that, we also now have a good CDM pairing in Flamini and Arteta. Ramsey has improved into a world class player this season, and he's returning from injury at a good time for us. Jack has been pretty good when we've relied on him aswell.

The only shortcomings which I see in our squad are up front, Giroud is decent but he's not a world class striker. I don't think we'll sign a top striker this window, it'll be in the summer, but we do need a decent stop-gap, and Berbatov wouldn't be too bad.

City though, are our biggest threats. They are deadly at home. But, they still have to play 5 of the remaining top 7 away (I think, Arsenal away, Liverpool away, United away, Everton away and Spuds lol) . Their away form has improved, from early on in the season, but I think they will slip up.

If Wenger makes a few good signings this window, I think we will win the league.
    Last edited by Munchies; 20-01-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, not now you've started this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we? Sure.

Will we? Dunno.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, we wont win it.

City have a silly amount of depth and qualiy + so much money. They have 4 strikers all capable of getting goals, they have a great midfield and a decent defense (not great) and have alreadys croed 100+ goals this season! There is no way a team like that will fiish lower than 1st.

They have improved so much under Pellegrini and can outscore anyone. Thier main weakness was their away record but they seem to have rectified that now and are picking up points everywhere.

I fancy us to nick 2nd though because Chelsea are an ordinary side and we can definitely compete with their current squad.