User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup Fifth Round Draw, 26th Jan (ITV1, after Chelsea - Stoke), 17:35

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Is there a video of that anywhere? Haven't seen it in years.
    Tried searching for it now as I was curious too, can't find it either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Not gloating at all, just pointing out facts, when a team knocks in 6 goals against you I think the fear of playing you will be dampened.

Now I didn't actually see that match as I was out, but I know you guys like to talk about the ref and how it was all down to him, but it's a bit like the boy who cried wolf, when you blame the ref all the time perhaps people stop believing that was actually the case.
    you had a point upto that point...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkkreuk View Post
    you had a point upto that point...
    I wasn't commenting on my interpretation, just on the fact these guys blame the referees decisions almost every match. Thus my point stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't commenting on my interpretation, just on the fact these guys blame the referees decisions almost every match. Thus my point stands.
    Except that this is in an Arsenal forum. Thus you would expect most arsenal fans to have watched the match, and seen with their own eyes the impact of the ref on that game. They were better than us, but the ref certainly influenced the result.

It doesn't matter what "people" stop believing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except that this is in an Arsenal forum. Thus you would expect most arsenal fans to have watched the match, and seen with their own eyes the impact of the ref on that game. They were better than us, but the ref certainly influenced the result.

You would expect most Arsenal fans to, you know, support the team rather than sniping at them at every opportunity and acting like they just can't wait for them to fail so they can moan about us not winning a trophy they thought we had no chance of winning anyway. Meh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well no, people have a life outside football, I watch football but sometimes I have other things that need doing, I'm not a kid with nothing better to do that sit and watch telly all day long.

My observation is one of how people blame the ref every week, I've watched plenty of games and where the ref didn't do a whole lot wrong but is once again blamed for this and that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You would expect most Arsenal fans to, you know, support the team rather than sniping at them at every opportunity and acting like they just can't wait for them to fail so they can moan about us not winning a trophy they thought we had no chance of winning anyway. Meh.
    Nice little indirect dig, you sound like Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well no, people have a life outside football, I watch football but sometimes I have other things that need doing, I'm not a kid with nothing better to do that sit and watch telly all day long.

My observation is one of how people blame the ref every week, I've watched plenty of games and where the ref didn't do a whole lot wrong but is once again blamed for this and that.
    Only problem being that nobody blames the ref every week. Otherwise a flawless argument.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Only problem being that nobody blames the ref every week. Otherwise a flawless argument.
    Ok let me rephrase that, almost every week. I think there's been about 2 occasions when they haven't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's been about 2 occasions when they haven't.
    I like hyperbole, use it myself all the time. But there are limits.
    Für eure Sicherheit