Thread: Cheap ass scousers want cheaper tickets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheap ass scousers want cheaper tickets

1. Should they get them

2. Why?

3. Shouldn't Liverpool FC subsidise their tickets ? They do get 45% of the gate from an FA Cup 5th round game (even tho' 80+% of gate receipts will be from gooners)
    Last edited by footloose, the wanderer; 28-01-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you already have put it down to a B game, rather than A.

Because they are fucking expensive. Absurdly expensive.

We already do. About £2 per away game.... every little helps.

I would assume if away fans get them cheaper, home fans would too? How dare they!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is in direct contrast to the Spuds when they demanded that Arsenal increase the price of League Cup tickets from the traditional concessionary rates.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a tough one this, i thought the liverpool fans demanding in that letter for tickets around the 25 quid mark were taking the piss given that a week before the fa cup they are charging us 40 odd quid and for crap views.

in general, i think the emirates is the best for away fans. good seating, good views and facilities etc etc but yes the money we charge is too high however when you see a fact that no premier league side charges less then 40 quid for Arsenal fans, yet you see nothing about in the media, its quite hard to have sympathy to a certain extent. take villa for example, they were charged around 35 quid for away tickets at the emirates yet charged us 45 quid (or at least that was the cost of my ticket)

a lot of grounds have crap views for away fans, Anfield is one of them, west ham, QPR are others where there are restricted views because of poles etc yet still charge stupidly high prices for restricted views. Norwich regularly charge the big clubs 50 quid an away ticket yet you never hear anything about that. there was a huge fuss last year made by man city fans about the 62 quid away ticket cost for the Arsenal game and the media went mad over it, the linesman of the match even got involved by telling city the fans had paid 62 quid and go say thank you. earlier that season city had charged us around 55 quid, and the following week, we played chelsea away and got charged 61 quid for the ticket. nothing was said in the media.

while away fans are getting ripped off, and yes Arsenal are the highest priced away tickets, it seems to me that this has turned into an anti arsenal crusade by other fans and the media. I'm not supporting arsenal charging 62 quid a ticket, i think its too much myself, but a lot of other clubs are charging way to much too. take liveprool and their restricted view, they knock about a pound off the normal price yet someone could have a pillar in their way and pay around 45 quid. thats not exactly right either is it? prices are generally too high all round, Arsenal might be the highest but chelsea/city both charge around 55-60 quid per away ticket, a lot of the smaller clubs charge us more then we charge them. Swansea is another example, last year they were a category C fixture, so away fans charged roughly 25 quid yet charged us 45 quid for the league game at theirs. Arsenal's prices are generally the highest, but they are not the worst when you take into account what you get, IMO its the best facilities, unrestricted views etc. Prices all over need to come down, but the way the media have gone about Arsenal's prices is wrong as its acting as if they are the only ones who charge away fans. One final example, in the COC game v chelsea, we charged everyone a tenner, in the same round, man united charged norwich fans 45 quid.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's also worth noting that the SoS [our self-appointed fan group] statement wa smade in conjuction with your own Black Hand Gang.
    http://www.blackscarfafc.co.uk/bsm-c...ght-thing.html

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind Liverpool moaning about them but I will absoutely not accept criticism about the ticket prices from Man City and Chelsea fans, which I have seen on both Bluemoon and The Shed End. Just hyprocrisy.

Can their small minds not realise that it's only because of their inflation of the football market through offering ridicolous salaries and transfer fees that it's now come to us charging these ticket prices for us to even stand of a chance of competing fairly.

All in all, £93 is a tad ridicolous London or not - at the very least get it down the the £70 range. Hopefully the club use the increased commerical revenue to ease the burden of the matchgoing fans on top of spending more on signings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tickets are a fucking rip-off, they arent 'cheap scousers' theyre just fans, like me who want to watch their team but cant afford it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogg Monster View Post
    The tickets are a fucking rip-off, they arent 'cheap scousers' theyre just fans, like me who want to watch their team but cant afford it.
    Pretty much. Paying in excess of £62 for a football match makes my eyes water.

Our B & C games are reasonable but there is a huge leap in price for A games that needs to be revised.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogg Monster View Post
    Unfortunately for you 60,000 people can and do afford it. Supply and demand, innit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the real fans suffer, all those emty seats at the Emirates before kick-off, half time, final whistle make me sick whilst im watching and living every moment from a shitty internet stream or the pub.

The tickets a so expensive, ive only seen arsenal once at the emirates but went to Highbury plenty of times and im only 26.