Quote Originally Posted by JonasTC View Post
Again with the logic. our #10 position has nothing to do with our 2 central midfield spots. For the 2 central midfield spots we have Arteta and Flamini who can cover the #6 spot and Ramsey/Wilshere who can cover the #8 spot, then Ox can do a job at the #8 spot, but its still a project, since he have never played there in his proffesional career, Rosicky can do a job at the #8 spot aswell, but certainly not for 90min. So with 3 of our 4 normal midfielders suddenly out for longer than expected in the end of January, it was the highest priority to get someone in who could cover both midfield positions, Wenger himself told us yesterday that all this happend super fast, so they had less than a day to find someone who could do a job, be cool with a 6 month loan deal and sit on the bench for most of that time. Kallström were probably the only one who fitted all those expections, when it turned out that he might be injuried, they were forced to take a gamble, since they had no time to get someone else in.

For strikers, there's probably a reason Fulham and West Ham were the only one after that guy. As much as you hate Bendtner, he's on par with or better than 3 out of those 4 you mention (same 3 being "old as fuck", the part you didnt like about Kallstrom) and Michu rather wants to play #10 role and he's injuried so that was not an option.

So please tell me again, who should we have signed instead?
Other than Arteta and Flamini, no other names I mentioned plays the traditional 6, 8 and 10 role in our team. All of them are equally capable, some better than the other. If it was about cover in Arteta and Flamini's position, why not go with someone who has played in England and we have in-house: Frimpong. I dont rate that guy much but surely he is a better bet than Kallstrom who has never played in England and who is past his best and may I add again- Injured!
Sure, things happened at the last minute but here are 2 things: He had the whole month to look at players plus time before the transfer window, why wait till the last moment? Again, if he is not going to offer anything in the short term (and his deal is short term), why even get him?

As for strikers, like I said, we needed a striker. Short term, Berbatov made more sense. As for W.ham and Fulham being interested... well West ham were the only ones interested in Tevez and Mascherano once... that does take away his stats and his form. As for you rating Bendtner, I really cannot argue with you on that, because what you just said is just not true! He is decent when he has game time but nowhere is near the quality of players like Vucinic, Berba etc. Heck, even Kevin Mirallas makes sense!