User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets all moan together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely the main goal for this window was simply to find a striker better than bendtner. Apparently we couldn't manage it! I find that absolutely baffling and wonder what our scouting team does anymore! The fact that we are still bidding for kalou makes me think they are taking the piss.

Time for a clear out there too as they seem to have run out of ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps Kalou hasn't joined because he's pissed at being the last ditch desperate option every window, after we've fucked up everything else. Lucky for us the guy has some pride.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I'm starting to think the Ozil signing was just made due to the pressure the fans put on the club.
    Yeah. Wenger is famed for listening to the fans' views.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah. Wenger is famed for listening to the fans' views.
    It's not just Wenger it's the board as well, people we threatening a revolt!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    It's not just Wenger it's the board as well, people we threatening a revolt!
    Yeah. The board are famed for listening to the fans' views.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah. The board are famed for listening to the fans' views.
    Sometimes they have little choice, it's them that line their pockets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RomfordPele View Post
    Surely the main goal for this window was simply to find a striker better than bendtner. Apparently we couldn't manage it! I find that absolutely baffling and wonder what our scouting team does anymore! The fact that we are still bidding for kalou makes me think they are taking the piss.

Time for a clear out there too as they seem to have run out of ideas.
    We had 31 days to sign a striker.
    Wenger knew he needed one, hence the late attempt for Ba.
    Theo (an option we could've used) also got injured since.

What makes Wenger think he can go round on deadline day, offering loan deals for Klose/Kalou etc thinking the team would accept them ? On the last fuckin day of the transfer day so they can't get anyone in. What an idiot, I just hope Giroud doesn't get injured on sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    We had 31 days to sign a striker.
    Wenger knew he needed one, hence the late attempt for Ba.
    Theo (an option we could've used) also got injured since.

What makes Wenger think he can go round on deadline day, offering loan deals for Klose/Kalou etc thinking the team would accept them ? On the last fuckin day of the transfer day so they can't get anyone in. What an idiot, I just hope Giroud doesn't get injured on sunday.
    Great post, you're absolutely spot on, why would you leave it until the last day when you know how short we are? I find our transfer policy weird, we seem to make a point of leaving it until the last few hours to sign anyone, it's just plain weird and makes no sense, it's actually incompetence tbh.

Also Wenger's smile is the new smokescreen apparently.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is laughable.

Jonas I get that you might be tired of hearing the same things in different threads but come on, even you cant believe that we are going to be ok for the rest of the season with what we have?

Wenger said we didn't need anymore midfielders, then he signed a 30 year old has been - on loan.

Then we went scratching around the bargain bin looking for 6 month loan deals, for the last 4 hours of the window. I mean FFS that is pathetic for a club of our size/stature/commercial value/bank balance.

Ive read so much conflicting crap today from the shit rags about it that Im sick of reading it.

The Metro had a piece saying that you cant blame Wenger because the January window is awkward, player prices are inflated, you cant get your main targets, etc, blah, blah.

That is bullshit. We had our target in mind - Draxler. Wenger has scouted him for at least 2 years, he rates him, he wants him, we spent the whole of January trying to do a transfer which was looking a bit slim due to schalke not wanting him to go midway through the season. So when we are in pole position to sign him and the club are willing to pay the asking price for him (and that is the important part, doesn't matter if it was £10m, £37m or £100m, the club were willing to pay) It was Wenger who said no because it didn't meet HIS valuation of the player.

What kind of fucked up shit is that??

At the end of the day, if you want to sign 'the next big thing' and the asking price is £37m, then you pay the £37m, End of. Does he really think that we will get him cheaper at the end of the season?

No chance of that. Schalke don't have to sell, there's a world cup happening and his price will either stay the same or go even higher. Then Citeh, Utd, Chelsea, PSG, Barca, RM, etc will also be interested in him if he performs well, and that will be the end of it.

Wenger always says 'if we can find a top, top player, then we will do it' Well he found him and when it came down to it he didn't want to part with the cash. The guy is full of shit and a liar.

I said at the end of the summer that signing Ozil was a step in the right direction, but in total it wasn't enough. we were still 2-3 players short and our transfer business on the whole was poorly planned.

We've all agreed that we were desperately short up front, and the first priority at the start of January should have been a striker or similar on a permanent basis. Again we have failed and Wenger has reverted to type.

Its unacceptable.

Watching Soccer Saturday now, they are discussing Arsenal and our fixtures and they are all saying the same thing. Why not just pay the £37m for Draxler, why not sign a forward, best chance in years to win the title and if Giroud gets injured we might struggle to make the top 4.

And for once I agree with them.
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 01-02-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    This thread is laughable.

Jonas I get that you might be tired of hearing the same things in different threads but come on, even you cant believe that we are going to be ok for the rest of the season with what we have?

Wenger said we didn't need anymore midfielders, then he signed a 30 year old has been - on loan.

Then we went scratching around the bargain bin looking for 6 month loan deals, for the last 4 hours of the window. I mean FFS that is pathetic for a club of our size/stature/commercial value/bank balance.

Ive read so much conflicting crap today from the shit rags about it that Im sick of reading it.

The Metro had a piece saying that you cant blame Wenger because the January window is awkward, player prices are inflated, you cant get your main targets, etc, blah, blah.

That is bullshit. We had our target in mind - Draxler. Wenger has scouted him for at least 2 years, he rates him, he wants him, we spent the whole of January trying to do a transfer which was looking a bit slim due to schalke not wanting him to go midway through the season. So when we are in pole position to sign him and the club are willing to pay the asking price for him (and that is the important part, doesn't matter if it was £10m, £37m or £100m, the club were willing to pay) It was Wenger who said no because it didn't meet HIS valuation of the player.

What kind of fucked up shit is that??

At the end of the day, if you want to sign 'the next big thing' and the asking price is £37m, then you pay the £37m, End of. Does he really think that we will get him cheaper at the end of the season?

No chance of that. Schalke don't have to sell, there's a world cup happening and his price will either stay the same or go even higher. Then Citeh, Utd, Chelsea, PSG, Barca, RM, etc will also be interested in him if he performs well, and that will be the end of it.

Wenger always says 'if we can find a top, top player, then we will do it' Well he found him and when it came down to it he didn't want to part with the cash. The guy is full of shit and a liar.

I said at the end of the summer that signing Ozil was a step in the right direction, but in total it wasn't enough. we were still 2-3 players short and our transfer business on the whole was poorly planned.

We've all agreed that we were desperately short up front, and the first priority at the start of January should have been a striker or similar on a permanent basis. Again we have failed and Wenger has reverted to type.

Its unacceptable.

Watching Soccer Saturday now, they are discussing Arsenal and our fixtures and they are all saying the same thing. Why not just pay the £37m for Draxler, why not sign a forward, best chance in years to win the title and if Giroud gets injured we might struggle to make the top 4.

And for once I agree with them.
    This. And its only going to get harder in the future. I find it difficult to accept that our manager has a serious intention to win the title. The business efficiency of our club has become everything.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter