User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Crystal Palace (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cakewalk - who's next?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL - the fake N_Q repeating what Wenger said but as if he's got inside news.

Me
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    He is occasionally good but he's not a DM and if he wants to play further forward then he needs to be more positive in his passing. Keeps going sideways with his passing.
    I don't think he wants to play forward mate. I think he realises we have fitter and more capable players in Ozil, Santi, Rosicky, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox who can all play that role.

I think he's vital to our team. Particularly with the right player beside him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    He is occasionally good but he's not a DM and if he wants to play further forward then he needs to be more positive in his passing. Keeps going sideways with his passing.
    It was a very different game compared to Southampton. One team came to play and held possession against us, another came to park the bus. It's fine for Arteta to play when the opposition is like this and trying to soak up the pressure.

The real man of the moment is the Ox because he was brave and tried to make things happen. Even in the first half, he was trying to play the ball forward. Chesney made a key save in the game but other than that, it was a game where we needed someone to step it up another level.

Perfect sort of game to see if Ox can play in the middle. Big games ahead and hopefully he's fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Some don't like Arteta, but for my money he is a very astute footballer. Still very important to our control in midfield.
    This. Such a criminally under rated player on here and I'd take him over Flamini who runs about a lot but loses his discipline and can be too reckless (see Southampton).

However he is getting on in years and there's no question that we need to look for a long term replacement this summer. Lars Bender is that man. Sign him up Arsene.

As for the game, good solid win. Glad to see that other players are prepared to step up when there's an injury crisis.

And personally delighted for The Ox. Didn't have the best of seasons last year and missed the first half of the season but his directness was a breath of joy today. None of the over wrought passing stuff which is ineffective against "park the bus" teams like Pulis' Palace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    This. Such a criminally under rated player on here and I'd take him over Flamini who runs about a lot but loses his discipline and can be too reckless (see Southampton).

However he is getting on in years and there's no question that we need to look for a long term replacement this summer. Lars Bender is that man. Sign him up Arsene.

As for the game, good solid win. Glad to see that other players are prepared to step up when there's an injury crisis.

And personally delighted for The Ox. Didn't have the best of seasons last year and missed the first half of the season but his directness was a breath of joy today. None of the over wrought passing stuff which is ineffective against "park the bus" teams like Pulis' Palace.
    Again, it's a very different game to what we played against Southampton. Against teams that come to play and hold possession, you need ball winners like Flamini. Palace aren't a possession based team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good win after the midweek draw, pressure firmly back on the other two now. if chelsea lose tomorrow, they are five points behind us, 6 behind city.

oh and 15 points ahead of united.

van persie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andros Townsend Oxlade back

Cazorla > Ozil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cazorla > Ozil
    Unfortunately not, but he's still a very good player.
    Für eure Sicherheit