User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What the Liverpool result showed us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    the fact you don't think mesut ozil was what this team needed means you don't understand Mesut Ozil. he gave this team a huge lift, and is a genuine world class player who's movement, passes and vision brings out the best in his team mates.
    I was giving Ozil a chance, but he's playing shit for a while now. Watch him play, all he's doing is the odd laboured passes here and there. He's not running at defenders, he's not running into space. Look at the home game against Napoli, that's the best I've seen Ozil play for us where he did both. Yes he has a sack of shit in Giroud up front, but he doesn't look up for it right now. When he loses the ball, he doesn't even bother getting it back. Yesterday, he barely got touched by Henderson and fell on his arse which cost us a goal, and then he misplaced a pass for another.

Drop him for a few games and put Rosicky in place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It shouldn't be allowed - any of it. It's a disgrace.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Liverpool result showed us that we'll be lucky to stay up this season. If we do then we need to get Mcleish in ASAP

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree with point 1.

It should read 'contenders'

We cant really defend something we haven't won for quite a while.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it showed us that much tbh, it was just a freak result. As poor as we were and as good as Liverpool were to concede 4 goals that quickly happens extremely rarely. On another day we may still have lost but more narrowly and I don't think a narrow defeat would have led to as much hand wringing.

Wednesday's game will tell us more. If we can't pick ourselves up and win against a poor Utd side at home then I fear for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't think it showed us that much tbh, it was just a freak result. As poor as we were and as good as Liverpool were to concede 4 goals that quickly happens extremely rarely. On another day we may still have lost but more narrowly and I don't think a narrow defeat would have led to as much hand wringing.

Wednesday's game will tell us more. If we can't pick ourselves up and win against a poor Utd side at home then I fear for us.
    Yep, I agree, this game wasn't really representative of the qualities of either side.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One another day we'd have lost 8-1, to be honest if you look at Liverpools chances we should have because they missed some real sitters on the way.

Freak result, perhaps, but we've not been playing well for a while and have gotten away with results we didn't necessarily deserve after only turning up for half an hour of matches in some cases.

The Liverpool result also showed us what having two decent strikers does, it gets you goals something we've found a bit harder to come by this season.

Our team has looked tired since December (I find that odd to be honest), with that in mind we should have added some numbers in January given our injuries rather than adding to our injury list.
    Last edited by Özim; 09-02-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We haven't been playing well for a while but we have responded well to setbacks so far this season so let's hope we do on Wednesday. 5-1 actually flattered us but it was just a freak game, I"m not reading too much into it. The panic button will be well and truly pressed if we lose on Wednesday though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    One another day we'd have lost 8-1, to be honest if you look at Liverpools chances we should have because they missed some real sitters on the way.

Freak result, perhaps, but we've not been playing well for a while and have gotten away with results we didn't necessarily deserve after only turning up for half an hour of matches in some cases.

The Liverpool result also showed us what having two decent strikers does, it gets you goals something we've found a bit harder to come by this season.

Our team has looked tired since December (I find that odd to be honest), with that in mind we should have added some numbers in January given our injuries rather than adding to our injury list.

The defeat just highlighted the deficiency of the team, the midfield and striking area mostly which Wenger time and time again keeps failing to address. The defence did as well as they could do really, and aren't to blame. Liverpool dominated us, and also showed that Wenger was very slow in actually even doing anything about the team. Why wait until we're dead and buried in the second half to finally make changes ? They should've happened before we went 3 down, and we might have had a chance in changing the game around.

Maureen would've been on his touchline, changing everything around. Wenger just let them continue on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We haven't been playing well for a while but we have responded well to setbacks so far this season so let's hope we do on Wednesday. 5-1 actually flattered us but it was just a freak game, I"m not reading too much into it. The panic button will be well and truly pressed if we lose on Wednesday though.
    Man U really are awful so we may get a result on Wednesday, our tough matches come after that and in March IMO.