I felt like after The Ox came back into the fold from injury there would be a little bit more of a split on here between people who favoured The Ox and people who favoured Gnabry. I suppose the latter hasn't played much, which is a little harsh on him, but they are very similar players to my mind as I always say.

I said before the Ox came back from injury that Barkley is a good player but that the Ox is certainly his equal at least......glad that hasn't been made to look fanciful. Barkley had his moments in the game but I didn't agree with Martinez's assertion he'd take that chance 9/10 or that our Pen was soft. I thought Martinez was a little myopic there, which you can expect to an extent because he's obviously disappointed.

I like Gibbs and would always choose him over Nacho Croucho, but I do feel like he is behind Baines and Cole, though ahead of Shaw. I don't think that should cause any real consternation as Cole's days are numbered, particularly with how little he has been playing and Baines is significantly enough older than Gibbs to not be be a thorn in his career for its duration.

Gibbs' real competition is Shaw, who he should be wary of not least because Shaw is one of those rare full backs that is a proper footballer....or at least a complete footballer. Rather than simply being one of the many full backs who just as much end up playing there as result of their limitations, Shaw looks like he could play in a few positions. A little like Lahm, not that I am comparing their actual levels as players.

I liked the Everton game, particularly because it seemed to dismiss the notion that Ozil and Santi cannot really play together which was always an idea I was reluctant to even entertain much less whole heartedly agree with.