User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will we bottle the Fa Cup ?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Wenger out

7 29.17%
  • No

17 70.83%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we bottle the Fa Cup ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leave aside the performance of the team yesterday - we all just accept that was dire. But it wasn't the worst performance of the day. For that we need to look at the ref and his linesmen and the fourth official. They were as clueless as it is possible to be. So we should win this cup, we are stronger than the teams left in it, we have done well enough against all but the top clubs this season. We are clear favourites. But never underestimate the incompetence of the guy in the middle who may well end up the key player in this. Any game can be ruined by them, any result twisted 180 degrees. There's an element of lottery to every match and no guarantees.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ask you this, why was the refereeing never an issue when we were winning trophies left right and centre?

I reckon it's because we were good enough so that it didn't matter, that's what top sides tend to do, make any other factors irrelevant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I ask you this, why was the refereeing never an issue when we were winning trophies left right and centre?

I reckon it's because we were good enough so that it didn't matter, that's what top sides tend to do, make any other factors irrelevant.
    It was. That disgraceful dive by Rooney. Terribly bent pro-Utd refs like Poll and Bennett. Refs most certainly were a problem back then, they always are - win, lose or draw. They are shit and they keep proving it week in, week out. Their bosses are shit too for refusing to give them the tools to help them do a better job.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wigan wll outplay and embarsse Arsenal. Another trophyless season I'm afraid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they won't. But they'll battle hard and we'll have to do the same. Which is why Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla should be benched. Those guys don't have the stomach for it. This is an ideal game for limited but energetic types like Flamini.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you seen Wigan play recently? They are a very accomplished passing side who tore City to shreds in the last round. When we went to City we collapased and couldnt get hold of the ball. Just because Wigan are a small town club and play in the Championship I wouldnt take this as a given. We did that against Birmingham remember. I wont even label this as a shock, I think we go in to this game as favoruites where as Wigan havent got anything to lose. Our whole season depends on this, where as thier main focus is the playoffs and promotion. This will be a day out for all of Wigan, I can see us losing this game without being shocked to be truthful.
    Last edited by 1_nilto the arsenal; 23-03-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bully the small teams and get thumped by the big teams so i expect us to win the FA cup.

However our ability to bottle the big occasions can not be underestimated and i really fear for this team now. Wenger looked a broken man yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading Arseblog, I have doubts about the FA Cup. You just never know what team will turn up when the pressure is on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_nilto the arsenal View Post
    Have you seen Wigan play recently? They are a very accomplished passing side who tore City to shreds in the last round. When we went to City we collapased and couldnt get hold of the ball. Just because Wigan are a small town club and play in the Championship I wouldnt take this as a given. We did that against Birmingham remember. I wont even label this as a shock, I think we go in to this game as favoruites where as Wigan havent got anything to lose. Our whole season depends on this, where as thier main focus is the playoffs and promotion. This will be a day out for all of Wigan, I can see us losing this game without being shocked to be truthful.
    That's what I said, we'll have to battle. So team selection will be very important. We had passengers onboard for the chav game, can't be giving out those free rides against a team that will raise its game for a special occasion. Provided we are committed we'll have too much for them though. The gypos lost because their mercenaries turned up assuming they had already won. If they had approached the game in the same manner they did against us, for example, Wigan would have been routed. We need to pick our best eleven in terms of attitude and discipline. If we have eleven with the right attitude and discipline.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Rot? Do go on.

There is no rot. But there is a real, justifiable feeling that Wenger has run his course. I no longer believe he can do more than we have seen in the second half of his reign. More money or not.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter