Im speechless.

All i can say is

CM punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was awesome.

CM Punk is now officially the best wrestler in the world, ever.

I'm guessing next weeks RAW will be pretty interesting.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vela View Post
    That was awesome.

CM Punk is now officially the best wrestler in the world, ever.

I'm guessing next weeks RAW will be pretty interesting.
    They've already taped next weeks show so you can find out about it on the link Maccy provides.

Id rather wait the week to see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Oops, I'm breaking the fourth wall!"

It was only the references to leaving with the WWE Championship that marked this down as a work, but otherwise, that was totally believable.
    Indeed, the words and feelings were those of Punk himself ( I reckon even Vinny - who approved the promo - might have had a word about the Steph/Levesque comments though ). I particularly liked he had a go at the 'smart' fans who were cheering him as well, that's the sort of thinking on your feet you don't see enough of these days.
    Easy to be dragged into hyperbole with something like this, but I would already put this alongside Mick's "Cane Dewey", Austin's ECW debut, and Bret's first anti-American promo the day after WM13 as the best 'shoots' we've seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    CM Punk.

What a way to go out. Up there with Zidane really. WWE.com says that the abrupt ending to RAW was not technical difficulties was but to end the unprofessional conduct of CM Punk and Vince has now ordered CM Punk's suspension. It might have been a worked shoot la Paul Heyman (he does say he's a Paul Heyman guy) before Survivor Series 2001 but it was awesome.

Also, HBK.

Even DDP made an appearance there.

They also taped the RAW for next Monday so you can read the spoiler report on http://www.411mania.com/wrestling if you so wish. Careful clicking on it though, it does give small spoilers about what happened on this week's RAW on the homepage.
    has he really left then and how

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raw’s abrupt conclusion Monday night was not due to technical difficulties. The decision to suddenly end the broadcast in that manner was made by WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon, who gave this quote to WWE.com:
    “CM Punk was suspended indefinitely for his unprofessional conduct as soon as Raw went off the air.”
    With his WWE contract expiring on July 17, one can only assume that this suspension effectively terminates CM Punk’s tenure with WWE.
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2011-06...-suspends-punk

From WWE.com but wouldnt pay much attention that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CM PUNK has launched a scathing attack on WWE owner Vince McMahon, the company's fans and a host of big-name wrestling stars.

The Straightedge Superstar closed Monday's edition of Raw with one of the most controversial promos in the history of the show.
    Punk, who is leaving WWE after the Money in the Bank pay-per-view, grabbed a mic and sat in his trademark pose on the ramp after helping R-Truth defeat John Cena in the night's main event.
    And what followed was an astonishing speech which will live long in the memory.
    Punk, wearing a Stone Cold Steve Austin T-shirt, began reasonably tamely by addressing the stricken Cena.
    He said: "I don't hate you, John. I don't even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people in the back."
    But Punk then said it was the fact that Cena is regarded as the best wrestler in WWE that rankled with him.
    Punk referred to himself as the planet's No1 grappler and told Cena: "The only thing you're better at than I am is kissing Vince McMahon's ass."
    As this point, it seemed a shade edgy, but it was nothing compared with what was to follow.
    Punk then dropped the names of Hulk Hogan and The Rock, referred to only with a sarcastic 'Dwayne', as ass-kissers to rival Cena.

Punk continued: "I'm the best wrestler in the world.
    "I've been the best ever since day one when I walked into this company and I've been vilified and hated since that day because Paul Heyman saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit.
    "That's right — I'm a Paul Heyman guy. You know who else was a Paul Heyman guy? Brock Lesnar — and he split, just like I'm splitting.
    "The fact that Dwayne is in the main event at WrestleMania next year and I'm not makes me sick."
    Punk talked up his credentials, slammed the fact he is not a poster boy for WWE and reiterated his intention to leave the firm with the title.
    He said: "I'm leaving with the WWE championship on July 17 and who knows, maybe I'll go and defend it in New Japan Pro Wrestling. Maybe I'll go back to Ring of Honor."
    He then turned to the camera and acknowledged one of his friends from Ring of Honor. Punk said: "Hey Colt Cabana, how you doing?"
    Addressing the fans, he added: "The reason I'm leaving is you people.
    "Because after I'm gone you're still going to pour money into this company. I'm just a spoke in the wheel. The wheel's going to keep turning and I understand that.
    "But Vince McMahon's going to make money despite himself. He's a millionaire who should be a billionaire."
    Punk then slammed McMahon Snr, his daughter, her husband Triple H and WWE executive John Laurinaitis.
    Punk said: "You know why Vince is not a billionaire? It's because he surrounds himself with glad-handed, nonsensical douchebag yes-men like John Laurinaitis who are going to tell him everything he wants to hear.

<a href='http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/sport.thesun.co.uk/wrestling;pos=mpu;sz=300x250;cat=;tile=2;ord=13092 80849142;?' class="border-none" alt="Ad Frame"></a>

"And I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead, but the fact is it's going to get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family."
    As Punk uttered the words "Let me tell you a personal story about Vince McMahon. You see where we do this whole bully campaign..." his microphone was cut off and the show ended with him ranting inaudibly towards the camera.
    Immediately, talk was of whether this was a worked piece of deliberate controversy, a total deviation from the script, or perhaps something in between.
    WWE.com made "McMahon suspends CM Punk" their lead news item and removed his profile from the site.
    The article included a statement from McMahon, which said: "CM Punk was suspended indefinitely for his unprofessional conduct as soon as Raw went off the air."
    WWE.com's piece went to on to note that "with his contract expiring on July 17, one can only assume that this suspension effectively terminates CM Punk's tenure with WWE".
    The safest assumption in wrestling is always to assume everything that happens on TV is part of the script — and this certainly seems that way.
    But whatever the reality, the fact is that we were treated to an epic moment in wrestling history last night.
    And the aftermath may be spectacular.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz1QaogOS00
    A work but nevertheless brilliantly done. Video of it on the link for anyone who missed it

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    A work but nevertheless brilliantly done. Video of it on the link for anyone who missed it
    So was this scripted or did he get suspended for real or is he going to come back ant mitb

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't scripted, they're clearly CM Punk's words. The idea of doing a worked shoot would be scripted I suppose (deciding when to put it in) but what is said, isn't.