User Tag List

Page 2 of 245 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Thread.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did mention his death, at the beginning with a 'in memory' screen caption and then later on when Lawler talked about him before they showed a video. Shame it was accompanied by Coldplay but you can't have it all I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Bret is back for a while then, or at least until he gets another bell from those nice people at Lloyds Of London. Wasn't happy with Cena's selling of Truth's promo, to really see him as a threat our John should have looked at least majorly concerned - if not a bit scared. If Cena is capable of conveying said emotions that is...
    Last edited by Rors; 24-05-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched all of last weeks Smackdown earlier because there was nowt else on. First time I've watched this show in years, what a shocker. I see they still use fake crowd noise because the place is absolutely lifeless!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havent watched Raw yet but watched Over The Limit

Orton v Christian was brilliant. Orton atm is as good as it gets.

Other noteworthy mentions is R-Truth. Hated this guy as a face. His singing fucked me right off. Mainly cos it would be stuck in my head all day but as a heel, hes looking good and getting a clean victory of Rey means he might be pushed somewhat further.

As for Cena, oh dear. I read the Sun review on the event and this match and it was spot on. The kids would love it, the rest would hate it.

Speaking of Cena, i have to admit, at the Raw show at the O2, he produced the best atmosphere. Mainly cos of the kids chanting "lets go Cena" and the rest chanting "Cena sucks" over and over again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rors View Post

Looks like Bret is back for a while then, or at least until he gets another bell from those nice people at Lloyds Of London. Wasn't happy with Cena's selling of Truth's promo, to really see him as a threat our John should have looked at least majorly concerned - if not a bit scared. If Cena is capable of conveying said emotions that is...
    Where's the Steven Seagal chart of emotions? Cena is a student of that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched Raw.

Wtf have they done to Kane? They've made him in to a wimp.

Miz and Riley bit was pretty good. Nothing else to shout home about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post

As for Cena, oh dear. I read the Sun review on the event and this match and it was spot on. The kids would love it, the rest would hate it.

Speaking of Cena, i have to admit, at the Raw show at the O2, he produced the best atmosphere. Mainly cos of the kids chanting "lets go Cena" and the rest chanting "Cena sucks" over and over again
    I don't know how much longer this can go on. Six years we've had of this. Then, I suppose as creative had Cena no-sell being locked in a burning car this time last year, they might as well keep it running until his character cures cancer or something. Even the kiddies are going to start getting tired of this soon enough. Films-pending, they've got to be thinking about turning him heel during/after the Rock match at WM, merchandise or no-merchandise

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to multiple accounts, former WWE Tag Team Champion Brian Knobbs mocked Randy Savage's death at a wrestling convention last Friday in Newark, California.

A number of former WWE stars were on hand for Big Time Wrestling's annual Wrestlefest event last Friday at the Newark Pavilion including Bret Hart, Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, Jim Neidhart, Jerry Sags, Greg Valentine and Jimmy Hart. News of Savage's passing broke Friday and Knobbs was cracking jokes about the deceased wrestler later that day in front of his longtime colleagues.

Waltman, who witnessed Knobbs' mean-spirited behavior, took to Twitter to criticize the Nasty Boys member.

He wrote, "There's no shoot brewing with Knobs. He's just an asshole for making jokes about Randy Savage dying on the same day it happened. He's pathetic."

Waltman also wrote the following to Hulk Hogan, a close friend of Knobbs': "I'm sorry to even bring you into Knobs BS, but he needs to be held accountable for once. You're the only one I know who can do it."

Lanny Poffo was also scheduled to appear at the event but canceled due to the death of his brother.
    http://www.rajah.com/base/node/23069

Knobbs being a knob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by isv View Post
    RIP Randy Savage...............................
    When did this happen? Was it drugs per chance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very recently. He had a heart attack whilst driving, maybe it was a cumulative factor from wrestling, I don't really know.