User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool have overtaken us now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the injury thing is partly down to playing less games I would think. You can still get a bad tackle or some crappy international fixture against the Republic of Hackathon, but playing less games overall must be e benefit for overall fitness and as a knock on effect a lower injury toll. Pros and cons to playing in the CL.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FEWER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    FEWER!
    Less of your lip
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also like to see them qualify for the Champions League every season before they can be considered as "better than Arsenal".

Playing 42 games this season has kept them fresh and given them enough time to concentrate and prepare well enough for games. I have no doubt that had they been in then Europa league playing on Thursday and Sundays, they'd have fewer points.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Because there is always an element of luck when it comes to injuries.
    Yes, there's clearly something going wrong at Arsenal and we need to look at it but in any season there will be injuries which come down to luck.
    You have one key player, frankly. Without him you wouldn't be struggling exactly but you wouldn't be challenging for the title. Facht.
    I agree that injuries can be unlucky, but I don't think it necessarily follows that staying fit should be considered lucky. It leaves no room for any middle ground.

In any case, we have had injuries to important players this season, long ones at that. Pretty much the entire defence, Lucas, Gerrard and Sturridge have all been out for about a month at a time, or longer and we have had to rely on players like Toure, Cissokho and Flanagan. Just because they're not as good as Suarez is irrelevant, they are places that had to be filled by inferior players.

You can point to many things and say we're fortunate to be where we are, the lack of any European games being a fair one, but just to say "Suarez has stayed fit, god aren't they lucky" is just a stupid one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are lucky Toure isn't starting. That's a HUGE slice of luck and an unfair advantage.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are elements that contribute to a sustained period of good form but I think it's a bit churlish to allude to luck considering how well they've played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of stadia, City are getting on with increasing capacity to around 60k. http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news...uction-partner

As for us, we're apparently on our way to doing similar; increasing the size of Anfield to around that number. Though frankly who knows with us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coutinho Is Boss View Post
    Speaking of stadia, City are getting on with increasing capacity to around 60k. http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news...uction-partner

As for us, we're apparently on our way to doing similar; increasing the size of Anfield to around that number. Though frankly who knows with us.
    I wonder how different the financing will be.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I wonder how different the financing will be.
    Us, no idea. It'll be done in stages which should lessen any initial impact. I'd be surprised if sponsorship didn't play some part though. Also, I think it will be as part of a wider regeneration of the area so probably some sort of grant as well.

City. I'm sure they'll find a few hundred million down the back of a sofa. Having a quick read of Bluemoon it seems Etihad is buying up half of Manchester anyway.
    Last edited by Shaqiri Is Boss; 31-03-2014 at 02:56 PM.