User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal season statistics

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie

Arsenal season statistics

- Most wins in a season since 2007/2008 (24)
    - Most away wins in a season since 2004/2005 (11 this season, 12 then)
    - Same points total away from home this season as last (35)
    - Joint highest away points total this season with Liverpool
    - Joint lowest goals conceded record at home with Chelsea (11)
    - 17 clean sheets (11 at home, 6 away)
    - Lowest number of league goals scored since 2006/2007 (68 this season, 63 then)
    - Highest number of wins at home since 2009/2010 (13 this season, 15 then)
    - Highest point tally at home since 2009/2010 (44 this season, 47 then)
    - Have come from behind twice to take all three points (against West Ham home and away)
    - Have failed to win four times this season after taking the lead (Aston Villa at home, Southampton away, Everton home and Swansea at home)
    - Only 11 times from 38 games have scored more than two goals
    - Only twice have scored more than three goals
    - Only on seven occasions have conceded more than one goal in a game
    - Have conceded six penalties of which five have been converted
    - Have only conceeded three times directly from a corner

- If anymore I can think of will add
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 12-05-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    - Have come from behind twice to take all three points (against West Ham home and away)
    I think this has been disappointing, the amount of times we've been chasing games but never really looked like turning things around. More reason to bolster the attack.

Though on the flipside when we've taken the lead we invariably get the job done because we can miraculously defend properly now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I think this has been disappointing, the amount of times we've been chasing games but never really looked like turning things around. More reason to bolster the attack.

Though on the flipside when we've taken the lead we invariably get the job done because we can miraculously defend properly now.
    I also think the defending hasn't suddenly become shit even in those horrendous defeats away from home, in all those games the midfield has been unable or unwilling to protect our back four and they have been left high and dry.
    Cahill has had an excellent season but for me Mertesacker and Koscielny have for me been far and away the two outstanding centre backs in the premier league this season.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    Grotesque

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah she's alright.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished with more points this season than in 1997/1998 and 2002/2003 (though '03 wasn't a title winning side, we were still considered bloody good).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Finished with more points this season than in 1997/1998 and 2002/2003 (though '03 wasn't a title winning side, we were still considered bloody good).
    And we won the cup that year
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I also think the defending hasn't suddenly become shit even in those horrendous defeats away from home, in all those games the midfield has been unable or unwilling to protect our back four and they have been left high and dry.
    Exactly. Giving the ball away cheaply when we're bombing forward and suddenly being horribly exposed is not bad defence, it's just bad play generally. Games like Spurs (both league games) and Newcastle away when our backs were against the wall show how good our defence has been. Especially as in those games we inexplicably made it harder for ourselves by sitting back and inviting pressure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Especially as in those games we inexplicably made it harder for ourselves by sitting back and inviting pressure.
    Mind games.
    Für eure Sicherheit