User Tag List

Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexis Sanchez (official).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    By the time we get our act together someone else will have signed him if he's available, we're just too slow at doing business, if we really want a player we should just pay up and sign him.
    Yeah I am getting a horrible feeling our approach for him is going nowhere. I can just picture Chelsea or Man City swooping in and buying him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Why do they have to sell?
    They have to sell because once one of these comedy dopers unsettles the player and flashes enough stolen cash around it becomes a shitfest, more trouble than it's worth if you want to actually get on with the business of competing in a football league. You've seen the dirty shit the Spanish dopers have got up to when chasing our players, the fuckers going as far as to pull a shirt over Fabregas' head. They'll do what it takes, they don't play by any rules, they are not held to account. It's just not worth the hassle to try and hang onto a player once one of these clubs comes calling and the player and agent have their heads turned.

Now selling to a direct rival in the same league - that's a completely different matter because the pain of the chase may not be as great as the pain experienced on the pitch.

However, until the authorities (who are the most corrupt of all) magically turn into an agency that has the interests of the game at heart every non-doping club is a target for these cuntish anti-football outfits. Just a fact. With Suarez, add on all the other shit including the most recent dramas and it's worth grabbing the 80 mill and bringing in some players who want to be at the club.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    They have to sell because once one of these comedy dopers unsettles the player and flashes enough stolen cash around it becomes a shitfest, more trouble than it's worth if you want to actually get on with the business of competing in a football league. You've seen the dirty shit the Spanish dopers have got up to when chasing our players, the fuckers going as far as to pull a shirt over Fabregas' head. They'll do what it takes, they don't play by any rules, they are not held to account. It's just not worth the hassle to try and hang onto a player once one of these clubs comes calling and the player and agent have their heads turned.

Now selling to a direct rival in the same league - that's a completely different matter because the pain of the chase may not be as great as the pain experienced on the pitch.

However, until the authorities (who are the most corrupt of all) magically turn into an agency that has the interests of the game at heart every non-doping club is a target for these cuntish anti-football outfits. Just a fact. With Suarez, add on all the other shit including the most recent dramas and it's worth grabbing the 80 mill and bringing in some players who want to be at the club.
    They'd be foolish not to sell him for £80m by why would they have to settle for less? That's the question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Also, the reason we may have only offered 22 million is that it's all cash up front, because as we're all to painfully aware by now ....... we have a LOT of cash reserves, sitting gathering dust in a bank somewhere.

Barca are going after Suarez and I don't think they're currently in a healthy position regarding cash (Spanish economy + Neymar debacle + poor season) so I suspect they may desperately need cash up front. 22 million in a one of cash injection may be more attractive than 30 million spread over the course of four years.

Very clever on our part if true and it works.

And even though I'm one of those of those that keeps complaining about lowball offers at the expense of us missing out, because it's Barca, part of me kind hopes we can fleece them off using our financial muscle. I still haven't forgiven those cunts for constantly lowballing us for our players, the worst of it for Cesc who we really should have got 50 million for but for him getting unsettled from the "constant Barca DNA" stuff their press team of Puyol, Pique, Xavi + <insert greasy Catalan twat> came out with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be surprised if they sold him for anything less that what they wanted, as we saw last summer when they dig their heels in then they don't budge.

That's unless there's a clause in his contract stipulating a price, or they've just had enough of him (possible) of course, the ban will obviously help lower the fee a bit perhaps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had the advantage of it being a WC year when they dug their heels in last summer though - what's gonna be Suarez's motivation this season, if they block his big move and force him to stay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did Suarez sign a new contract with them anyway? There must have been some kind of clause to allow him to get a move, otherwise there would be no chance of him signing. If it was just a verbal agreement he deserves to stay there and rot for his own stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    They had the advantage of it being a WC year when they dug their heels in last summer though - what's gonna be Suarez's motivation this season, if they block his big move and force him to stay?
    The idea that players sulk and under perform if made to stay is talked about too much. It generally doesn't happen, especially not with a character like Suarez who is obsessed with winning. If he's on the pitch you get 100% commitment.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest is that we have agreed personal terms with him but not a fee with barca.

Currently our offer is less than pools.

No surprises there then tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never get this, isn't agreeing personal terms before agreeing a fee tapping up?

I would have thought agreeing a fee with his club should be the first thing you do, bit of a waste of time if they don't want to sell.