User Tag List

Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexis Sanchez (official).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't even know why there is talk of Barca selling him. Whenever I watched him for them last season he was very good. He's having a very good world cup too, can't see them letting him go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Don't even know why there is talk of Barca selling him. Whenever I watched him for them last season he was very good. He's having a very good world cup too, can't see them letting him go.
    If we get linked with players who are a no-go we can waste all summer pretending to chase them, tis the best way to do business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way it's being reported, it's Sanchez that wants out - doesn't get on with Messi, or something, and there's only going to be one winner there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    If we get linked with players who are a no-go we can waste all summer pretending to chase them, tis the best way to do business.
    sad but true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    The way it's being reported, it's Sanchez that wants out - doesn't get on with Messi, or something, and there's only going to be one winner there...
    Ah didn't realise he didn't get on with Messi. Can't see him coming to us if he does want out and is allowed to leave, there will be way too much competition for his signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah didn't realise he didn't get on with Messi. Can't see him coming to us if he does want out and is allowed to leave, there will be way too much competition for his signature.
    I get the feeling it's the papers putting 2 and 2 together and getting 22 - apparently Messi didn't trot over and congratulate / celebrate with him when he scored a couple of goals against someone, so that's proof conclusive that they don't get along. If he does want out, I think it's far more likely to be because he's still not a guaranteed starter over there, when he has the talent to be one of the first names on the team sheet in almost any other club in the world?

Oddly enough, I'm not actually too fussed about the competition? As long as we're not up against Man City, Chelsea or PSG (and I think Chelsea are pretty much done with their business already), then I think we could outbid most other clubs, with our income and cash reserves. What I'm more concerned with at this stage is whether our interest is actually genuine or not!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Papers? So far it's only Geoff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...Barcelona.html

Arsenal look to sign Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona

Arsene Wenger wants to sign at least one new forward this summer and is also chasing Italy's Mario Balotelli, who AC Milan are keen to cash in on Arsenal look to sign Alex Sanchez from Barcelona
    Wanted man: Arsenal are considering a £25 million bid for Alexis Sanchez Photo: EPA

Arsenal have made an enquiry over signing Chile World Cup star Alexis Sanchez. Sanchez is the leading member of the Chile squad that has booked a last-16 place against hosts Brazil on Saturday.
    The 25 year-old scored and made a goal in the 3-1, Group B victory over Australia and also helped inspire the famous win against Spain.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been in Brazil in his capacity as a commentator for French television and has used the trip to look at a number of transfer targets.
    Wenger wants to sign at least one new forward this summer and is also chasing Italy's Mario Balotelli, who AC Milan are keen to cash in on.

Sportswear manufacturer Puma, who sponsor both Arsenal and Balotelli, are understood to be keen for a deal to happen. Juventus have been leading the chase for Sanchez, while the forward could also be offered to Liverpool as part of a Barcelona bid for Luis Suarez. But Arsenal have now registered an interest in Sanchez, who would cost around £25 million if Barca could be persuaded to sell.

Wenger has the funds at his disposal to sign both Balotelli and Sanchez, but that scenario appears to be unlikely. Unsurprisingly, the biggest worry over Balotelli is his temperament but the 23 year-old would undoubtedly represent an upgrade on Olivier Giroud and is an out-an-out striker. Sanchez is more versatile and can play in a variety of positions across the forward line. He scored 21 goals from the right for Barca this season, his best return since moving to Spain. Sources close to Barca claim the Spanish club are extremely reluctant to let 25-year-old Sanchez go, but that could change if they manage to sign a new top-class forward this summer.
    Other than chasing forwards, Arsenal are searching for a new right-back, a dominant central midfielder and a back-up goalkeeper.
    I would absolutely love Sanchez here, great player and very versatile. I also feel he would deliver immediately. Sanchez and Balotelli is being too greedy, I can't see us bringing in both.
    Last edited by selassie; 24-06-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking A!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sanchez doesn't fancy playing with players that good huh? Maybe we should give Bendtner another contract....Sanchez will love him.