User Tag List

Page 85 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexis Sanchez (official).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Theo was doing okay up until yesterday. He'd started to show some fight and was getting involved in games. Yesterday he checked out again. There reaches a point where even millionaire players are going to wonder what the point is. And what is the point? 4th place trophies? So we can get creamed next season in the last 16 of the CL with millions watching? Must be pretty fucking embarrassing to be involved with. When you have a fool that urges you to be average so we can achieve the next humiliating pay day. Yes, players should be able to motivate themselves and they should play for the shirt. But this has been going on for a long time now and when the shitty owners come out an voice their approval then what can be done. Where are you going to find that motivation to rise above average when average is the goal that has been set? I'm not excusing the players but in this place, try, don't try, it doesn't make a difference and the board and the manager won't notice anyway. You're just as likely to be dropped for a good performance under this manager.
    Theo's a limited player and will be judged on goals. Similar to the Podolski conundrum, certain games just won't suit Theo if the rest of the team aren't ticking. You won't notice he's in the game unless he's scoring goals, popping off shots or has a moment where he makes a rash challenge or gippy with an opposition player as seen recently. He should have been our Defoe but we've turned him into a non dribbling wide forward that hardly dribbles or crosses. I don't fault his mentality but he needs his head testing for staying under this manager this long. Must be the money.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Must be the money.
    What's he on a week.....140k or something like that?......would he get that anywhere else bar Chelsea or city?....so yes i think that would be a sensible conclusion

Yeah he's pretty limited, i think we all probably swore at our television sets when Alan Hansen called him someone lacking a footballing brain but unfortunately Hansen was right.

Though to be fair even around at that time, I admitted to United fans that he had been over hyped and that he was a good not a great player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    What's he on a week.....140k or something like that?......would he get that anywhere else bar Chelsea or city?....so yes i think that would be a sensible conclusion

Yeah he's pretty limited, i think we all probably swore at our television sets when Alan Hansen called him someone lacking a footballing brain but unfortunately Hansen was right.

Though to be fair even around at that time, I admitted to United fans that he had been over hyped and that he was a good not a great player.
    The fact that Theo is captain tells us everything we need to know about this "Rotten Regime". Theo Walcott captain of Arsenal? Just think about that and let it sink in.

Theo can't even make the England squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    The fact that Theo is captain tells us everything we need to know about this "Rotten Regime". Theo Walcott captain of Arsenal? Just think about that and let it sink in.

Theo can't even make the England squad.
    Harsh on Theo. He was captain when we beat West Ham and to be honest, out of all the players available, he's the only one with a connection to old Arsena values and agree with Arsene about that being the priority when it comes to being made captain. He's shown some fight over the last couple of months. More so than others and despite his limitations, it counts for something. I still remember the last game I saw where Theo got into it Tom Huddlestone (I think) and watching the slow reaction from his teammates to actually back him up whilst involved in a bit of a scuffle with a much bigger player. We had to scream to this own teammates to 'back him up'. Spineless.

There weren't many obvious choices and if anyone else had worn the armband and we still lost, you can still run with a story that makes them the wrong choice.

Sanchez - Great heart and desire but has to sign a contract and no idea where he stands with the rest of his teammates.
    Ozil - Doesn't turn up for training, yet alone games.
    Welbeck - Not in a million. Ex Utd player and probably has more of a 'nice lad' image than Theo.
    Xhaka - First season here.
    Elneny - Love him too but not here long enough or even a starter.
    Monreal - No.
    Gabriel - Doesn't speak English.
    Mustafi - No. Not here long enough.
    Bellerin - Too young and not here long enough.
    Martinez - No. ^^^

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Harsh on Theo. He was captain when we beat West Ham and to be honest, out of all the players available, he's the only one with a connection to old Arsena values and agree with Arsene about that being the priority when it comes to being made captain. He's shown some fight over the last couple of months. More so than others and despite his limitations, it counts for something. I still remember the last game I saw where Theo got into it Tom Huddlestone (I think) and watching the slow reaction from his teammates to actually back him up whilst involved in a bit of a scuffle with a much bigger player. We had to scream to this own teammates to 'back him up'. Spineless.

There weren't many obvious choices and if anyone else had worn the armband and we still lost, you can still run with a story that makes them the wrong choice.

Sanchez - Great heart and desire but has to sign a contract and no idea where he stands with the rest of his teammates.
    Welbeck - Not in a million. Ex Utd player and probably has more of a 'nice lad' image than Theo.
    Monreal - No.
    Martinez - No. ^^^
    Raises a larger point of lack of leaders on the pitch, Walcott by logical deduction obvious choice for captain as you say but he is absolutely no leader.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walcott is about as far from a leader as possible, regardless of his tenure at the club.

Even when he's all wound up and starting on other players, you can't help but think 'Aww, bless him'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Walcott is about as far from a leader as possible, regardless of his tenure at the club.

Even when he's all wound up and starting on other players, you can't help but think 'Aww, bless him'.
    I think people get carried away by stature and performance. Walcott isn't the ideal but I think we have some serious cowards in our squad. Our current captain, Kos, quite possibly the worst captain we've had at Arsenal. He's silent throughout the match, the first to have his hands on hips and head drop when we concede, doesn't organise, doesn't instruct... I still won't forget how he was bullied by Costa and despite and when Gabriel got involved, Kos wasn't paying attention and kept his distance. Worst candidate for captain by a long shot in my books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monreal - No.
    Martinez - No. ^^^
    Can't argue with any of that. My post wasn't so much an attack of Theo but more an attack of the regime.

As others have stated including yourself on your last post, we have nobody in the squad who is bonafide captain material, nobody to lift up heads when the going gets tough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ever reliable Sky Sources think City are front runners for Alexis this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The ever reliable Sky Sources think City are front runners for Alexis this summer.
    We will have no problem selling him to them if they meet our valuation.