0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PV going home? Phew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And they over-ran on the time for compliments ITV are just an utter disaster

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Borini Is Boss View Post
    Well everything we did last season has to be allied with our dire [away] defence, and the midfield plays a part in that. He was phenomenally disciplined after he picked up his ninth yellow. I was astounded that he'd make it through that many games without putting in some stupid tackle or being forced to make the foul.
    I think playing in a 3 (or even a diamond) would have worked infinitely better than playing with two in the middle as we did. It was always going to make it harder.

I don't think he plays for himself when things go wrong, but rather that he trusts no one else. I think saying "plays for himself" gives an impression of selfishness which I don't think is true. Same with the whole "Hollywood Ball" thing. He just doesn't do it to any great extent anymore, unless he feels he has to force something.

Either way I'd be surprised if he didn't retire after this tournament. Unless he feels like he has to make up for his header
    I think it's the case in terms of how he played after the error against Chelsea, it seemed to me that he decided to rain shots down from everywhere trying to make up for his error when that is not what he was doing earlier in the game. To me, he killed any chance of you getting back in to that by wasting any chances by going for goal at the earliest possible opportunity. I don't think a player like that is compatible with what is needed in midfield to do anything significant in international football and I would say we saw that in the Uruguay game too (but it was later in the game so not quite so many instances).

Of course, it may seem a bit churlish to pick out that one example of when it happened but I think when the situation was - at such a massive point of the season, it's worth highlighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gerrard's a cunt.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I think it's the case in terms of how he played after the error against Chelsea, it seemed to me that he decided to rain shots down from everywhere trying to make up for his error when that is not what he was doing earlier in the game. To me, he killed any chance of you getting back in to that by wasting any chances by going for goal at the earliest possible opportunity. I don't think a player like that is compatible with what is needed in midfield to do anything significant in international football and I would say we saw that in the Uruguay game too (but it was later in the game so not quite so many instances).

Of course, it may seem a bit churlish to pick out that one example of when it happened but I think when the situation was - at such a massive point of the season, it's worth highlighting.
    Well I can't argue with the Chelsea game. But I think even then it was towards the end of the game, when we were continuing in failing to break them down. A good number of those chances he was better off not shooting though. I'm not sure it really made much difference though, that bus was firmly parked. It still is.

I've erased pretty much all of it from my mind though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now heard Iran should have had pk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$350,000 USD to win $30,000 USD.

Imagine if Iran drew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messitina 1-0 Iran, FT!

Iran.

Still better than England tbf.

Messi.

GOAT.
    Pretty much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ITV have sacked Vieira.
    Wut?
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."