User Tag List

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: FINAL: Germany v Argentina 13 June BBC/ITV 2000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Argentina team is shit. They have three good players- Aguero, Messi and Di Maria. Di Maria is dead, Aguero is injured, so that leaves Messi. Bayern Mk 2 will easily take care of that crap team. If Germany dont win this WC, then it'll be a huge upset.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to see our three win the world cup and you have to say Germany have been the best team in the tournament. I'd also like to see Messi win it knowing that it would put him up there with the worls best ever players as well as make Cristina Ronaldo feel like crap.

Germany will be confident AND fresher than the Argies but a world cup final is not like any other game and i can see it being very tight and possible going to pels.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I really don't know why they have that game. I can't begin to remember whether we won the 3rd place play off in 1990, I couldn't give a monkeys either way.
    I can't imagine a nation in mourning after their mauling the other day will be that bothered whether they finish 3rd or 4th.
    you don't remember that well because we lost that match 2-1 to the Italians, but I agree it's a pointless exercise but generally the matches are good to watch because no one cares

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    you don't remember that well because we lost that match 2-1 to the Italians, but I agree it's a pointless exercise but generally the matches are good to watch because no one cares
    Did you google that?

The only third place team I can remember is Croatia, and only because it was an incredible WC for them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    you don't remember that well because we lost that match 2-1 to the Italians
    No, I don't remember 'cos I couldn't give a shit either way.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil, Podolski, Mertesacker vs Aguero, Zabaleta, Demechilles

It's basically an Arsenal vs Man City final.

Winner wins the league next season.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    No, I don't remember 'cos I couldn't give a shit either way.
    I think i must have been tabbing this morning because it looked for the life of me that you'd written i remember when we won the third place play off....but that's clearly not what you wrote at all.
    My opinion is that the match exists simply because FIFA thinks it looks out of place to have an odd amount of games in a tournament....either that or because certain olympic events have a play off match for Bronze (like football and tennis).
    To be fair it is a glorified friendly match, but because neither team cares who wins i am quite looking forward to the match because i reckon there should be goals from both teams and i don't care who wins either.
    I put money on Argentina to win the tournament so i don't have that luxury in the final.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Did you google that?

The only third place team I can remember is Croatia, and only because it was an incredible WC for them.
    No i just remember the match even at the age of six, i was quite confused at the time as i didn't understand why we were playing another game after being knocked out of the tournament.....i think my feeling hasn't changed that much.

Germany have been third placed team in the last two world cups, then it was Turkey, then Croatia, then Sweden, then Italy...then i am too young to remember.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last game left now. Fuck