User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So, is Wenger out officially out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh I hadn't realised Wenger said that. Seems fairly straight forward then. Looks like he see's Sanchez as the speedy wide option rather than the more play making type as we know he likes 1 more traditional winger and 1 playmaker in the wide positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I think we need mobility over power and physically presence up front. It's no good having a guy up there wrestling with defenders all game but has nothing left in the tank or simply too slow to burst into the box after laying off a crafty pass. That's where we've gone wrong up front. We've been signing physical strikers since Ade, but the key to Ade's goals for us was his mobility. He'd be constantly on the move and that just tired out defenders then he'd steam roller through. When he got tired or lazy, the goals dried up. We didn't get that sort of movement from Chamakh and we won't get that from Giroud. I hoping to see the new front three blitz the opposition with quick movement and intricate passing.

I remember the few games where Theo got a game up front the relentless attacks and chances we had on goal. It was more exciting to watch and it scares the opposition. But we do need to get some bulk and muscle in the midfield.
    The point I'm making though is that we would potentially have no, or very little power on the field but we will always have a reasonable amount of mobility even if they aren't all as quick as Walcott. We don't need to choose one or the other, there are forwards who have both the physical presence and the mobility.

In an ideal world, that's the sort of guy we would have. Chamakh, Ade and Giroud have question marks over their ability. The first requirement should be their technical ability but in that solitary role you want that guy to have a physical presence. Especially if it is nowhere else to be seen on the field, for balance and options as much as anything else otherwise we might find ourselves struggling to switch things up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    The point I'm making though is that we would potentially have no, or very little power on the field but we will always have a reasonable amount of mobility even if they aren't all as quick as Walcott. We don't need to choose one or the other, there are forwards who have both the physical presence and the mobility.

In an ideal world, that's the sort of guy we would have. Chamakh, Ade and Giroud have question marks over their ability. The first requirement should be their technical ability but in that solitary role you want that guy to have a physical presence. Especially if it is nowhere else to be seen on the field, for balance and options as much as anything else otherwise we might find ourselves struggling to switch things up.
    I agree, it shouldn't be either or. We should be able to find a striker with pace and power but I don't think Wenger fancies the options out there. Benzema, Balotelli, Bony and Cavani have been shopped about by their agents and he hasn't moved for them.

We moved quickly on Sanchez and if we play him through the middle, we'd know why. I hope that's his plan and he's back to converting wingers into strikers!

But if we're going to have a small strike force, we'd need to bulk up central midfield. A big CDM could help with that. We'll see. We'd still have Giroud as an option off the bench if Plan A doesn't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we need to play two up top.. Giroud/Sanchez, Giroud/Walcott, Sanchez/Sanogo, Campbell/Sanchez, Campbell/Giroud... In the away matches or top 4 games, we can bolster our midfield with 5 players but for the majority of the games, we should play 2 up front.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    With FA cup victory following by the unveiling of Alexis Sanchez in the space of 2 short months, things have never been different at the club. There's a sense of positivity and enthusiasm that's seeping through from board to fans, and after years of bleak, dreary results, it's simply nothing we don't deserve.

The question is whether the Wenger out brigade are officially out, and whether this type of investment makes fans accept him again?

Summer 2014 was always the promised land as Gazidis knew our income streams would explode following years of austerity. Within months of penning the new commercial deals the board have splashed £35m on one of the best talents on the planet. They aren't stopping here; rumours are circulating that Wenger is close to a deal for exciting right back Debuchy, while he has a DM, GK and even another striker on his mind.

The thing with buying top players is that it allows fans to be patient. If we don't win the league next season then at least we can say we tried, and that for me is the crucial part because for years we couldn't say that. Buying players like Sanchez, Ozil and Debuchy shows that the club aren't sitting back making excuses anymore, they're willing to give it a serious go and win silverware. When you watch Sanogo, Diaby and Djourou it frustrates fans because you know the club can perform better if the manager simply invested. We don't pay the highest ticket prices in the world to watch a bunch of novices pull on our beloved Arsenal shirt.

While the club has erupted into a civil war over the past few years as fans have bickered about the man in charge, it's fair to say that Wenger's hunger seems to be back and that if we get anywhere near the same guy that provided us with the invincibles, then the future will not only be bright but unforgettable.

Thank you Wenger out, your union served me well over the past few years, but I'm officially out. This is a new era. The Arsenal are coming.
    Well, he's spent money and won a major trophy, so it's normal that people will change their mind. Having taken so long to make that choice to reinforce the squad with quality after letting people go, however, is still something that should be questioned in a constructive fashion. After how ever many years it had been, even his greatest supporters were of the opinion that perhaps it was time to move on.

The whole idea of a Wenger Out campaign now seems silly considering the changes in context of your squad, silverware and spending; but that doesn't mean it was previously a wrong stance to take considering the length of time it took to happen.
    Listen Benny Hill, I'm a little busy preparing a motion to kick your ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m still wondering why we didn’t spend this sort of money last season when the Prem was wide open. I was certain we had a shot at the title last year and just needed a striker to seal it. This year, I’m not so sure.

Also, if we go into this season with a thin defensive line, it drags up the same issues again. Why haven’t we spent when the money is obviously there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger is desperately trying to hang on to his job by winning trophies and strengthening the team. It's cynical stuff but hopefully at least some of the fans can see through it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I’m still wondering why we didn’t spend this sort of money last season when the Prem was wide open. I was certain we had a shot at the title last year and just needed a striker to seal it. This year, I’m not so sure.

Also, if we go into this season with a thin defensive line, it drags up the same issues again. Why haven’t we spent when the money is obviously there.
    Well indeed.

People like to point to the fact that you guys were top and had a successful season and no doubt that's true. But I think it's reasonable, as you have done, to question why investment wasn't sought from a position of strength when City and Chelsea weren't hitting their stride.
    Listen Benny Hill, I'm a little busy preparing a motion to kick your ass.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be joining the movement again in 24 hours so

bump

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    for me we need three players to challenge for the title, that's not going to happen, and we have enough personnel wise to make sure we get top four...so really makes no difference whether he stays or goes.