User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: So, is Wenger out officially out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    Yawn.

Unfortunately the obvious might stare us right in the face but it doesn't to the one guy that matters.

'Next transfer window this, next transfer window that'. Fuck all will happen and we'll still have glaring deficiencies in our team.
    And yet things are happening in transfer windows. Not all at once, but bit by bit. Seems unlikely we'll start going backwards now, no sign of that.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    And yet things are happening in transfer windows. Not all at once, but bit by bit. Seems unlikely we'll start going backwards now, no sign of that.
    Things might be happening but they're happening at such a slow pace that we're no better than before.

Sign Sanchez and Welbeck - one step forward
    Go into the season with 6 defenders and no top DM - one step back.

Another manager would ensure we have what we need, meaning we take two steps forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the very best managers, for the top clubs, identify what they need, work to get it quickly and try and have it done before pre season.
    Wenger at times struggles with the concept of balance. Great we bought Sanchez, and Debaucy, however we let Sagna, Jenko and Vermalen go.

Midfield is the biggest example yet of the complete lopsidedness in the way Wenger thinks. Yet he knows we need a top class DM, we are linked to a few quality ones, and yet come the end of the transfer window we are low balling teams with offers to see if we can strike a bargain. Why risk that? Why not go in early, pay a premium if relevant and get the business done. If we believe the player to be that good than the premium paid will balance itself out.

Chelease really set the bench mark this season for transfer business, if Wenger has any common sense left in him he should use what they did as the bench mark.

Wenger is becoming a parody of himself. I loved we won the FA cup last year, however unless he starts balancing the team and not putting square pegs in round circles, i think he should go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No amount of transfer windows is going to hide how tacticly inept the guy is,and that is going to be a problem going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why is he taking years and years to address blatant positional deficiencies in the team. don't get me wrong it's great that we are starting to replace players who have left over the years but consider this:

1. Gibbs is injury prone, we've known this for years but wumget thinks nachos (non-defensive left winger) is adequate cover - it's costing us
    2. We need a top quality player to anchor our midfield, we've known this for years but wumget thinks flamini and arteta are adequate - it's costing us
    3. We've needed a quality front man since the cunt left, we've known this for years but wumget thinks giroud and sanogo were the answer ...injury then forces his hand in getting welbeck (jury's still out) - it has cost us for years and may well continue to
    4. Tommy V went downhill, then left and he opts not to replace him with adequate experience or reasonable quality - will it cost us? take wild guess

This is years of neglect in clear areas of need.

Don't get me started on his in-game organisational, motivational and tactical acumen. Wenger has been great for us and is still a good manager, but just not good enough if we aspire for anything more than top 4.

Anyway, he's here for another 3 years so I have adjusted my expectations accordingly, but fact is the club and in particular the manager can be doing a hell lot better.
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    why is he taking years and years to address blatant positional deficiencies in the team. don't get me wrong it's great that we are starting to replace players who have left over the years but consider this:

1. Gibbs is injury prone, we've known this for years but wumget thinks nachos (non-defensive left winger) is adequate cover - it's costing us
    2. We need a top quality player to anchor our midfield, we've known this for years but wumget thinks flamini and arteta are adequate - it's costing us
    3. We've needed a quality front man since the cunt left, we've known this for years but wumget thinks giroud and sanogo were the answer ...injury then forces his hand in getting welbeck (jury's still out) - it has cost us for years and may well continue to
    4. Tommy V went downhill, then left and he opts not to replace him with adequate experience or reasonable quality - will it cost us? take wild guess

This is years of neglect in clear areas of need.

Don't get me started on his in-game organisational, motivational and tactical acumen. Wenger has been great for us and is still a good manager, but just not good enough if we aspire for anything more than top 4.

Anyway, he's here for another 3 years so I have adjusted my expectations accordingly, but fact is the club and in particular the manager can be doing a hell lot better.

To be fair, when Wenger does go i can hardly see him leaving us in the same shit as old whiskey cheeks left united....if he went tomorrow, a new manager would have some absolute quality on his hands....he'd need defensive reinforcements for sure but that's a damn sight better than having to build a whole new team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    To be fair, when Wenger does go i can hardly see him leaving us in the same shit as old whiskey cheeks left united....if he went tomorrow, a new manager would have some absolute quality on his hands....he'd need defensive reinforcements for sure but that's a damn sight better than having to build a whole new team.
    yes and I'll give him that, he's done an absolute lot of good things for this club and the game overall
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    4 games in and it's pretty clear...
    4 games into a season nothing is ever clear.
    Marathon not a sprint, and all that.
    It's ridiculous to draw any conclusions yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    4 games into a season nothing is ever clear.
    Marathon not a sprint, and all that.
    It's ridiculous to draw any conclusions yet.
    True.

But four games into his 18th season does provide a sizeable body of evidence from which to draw conclusions.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)