User Tag List

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: So, is Wenger out officially out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    OK. That's a different debate though. We are not 'shit'. To say we are as good as we should be given our revenue is a more reasonable argument

EDIT: Shouldn't you be in bed? You'd better not be in London...
    Its labor day weekend, so I was awake till late winning in Fifa!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fakeyank in!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With 8 minutes left Wenger saved his legacy

Wenger knows
    Last edited by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon; 01-09-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm puzzled as to why Ozil isn't being played through the middle, absolute waste of his talent.

We also really should have bought a DM.

Other than that I'm happy with Wenger and this window.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 games in and it's pretty clear Wenger is holding us back.

Zonal marking leading to free headers.
    The best number 10 in the world on the left.
    Plays a guy with 0 work rate and hates tracking back in front of Monreal, a defender that needs as much help as possible, against Zabaleta and Navas.
    Goes into a 50 game season with 6 defenders.
    Doesn't buy a holding midfielder.

Yeah, fuck off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post

Plays a guy with 0 work rate and hates tracking back in front of Monreal, a defender that needs as much help as possible, against Zabaleta and Navas.

Yeah, fuck off.
    On the plus side:

After years of dross has finally started signing decent defenders, Kos, Merts, Debuchy, Chambers - chances are we'll get it right with those guys.
    He'll have to change his mind on Ozil when Walcott is back, in fact he'll have to change the whole system if he wants to take advantage of the talent at his disposal.
    Turns out Ramsey is a deeply technical player, who knew? He's the guy who will end up playing left, he's perfect for it and we just have to buy a defender in January - we must.
    See previous - we must buy a defender, even Wenger knows this.
    I suspect Wenger has a long term prospect on the radar, Bender. Now that our players are staying instead of running out the door, it may only take one more transfer window to get this right.

But yes, we have demanded the players up their performances and many of them have. The manager needs to up his game too.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post

Yeah, fuck off.
    The best number 10 in THIS league is Silva, by far. I dont know about his stats but everytime i see him he runs the show.

Ozil looks slow and lethargic and needs a proper manager to get the best out of him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Hmmm i don't blame Wenger for Ozil....if nothing else i think Wenger gives players freedom to express themselves despite the starting position they are shoe horned into...Ozil is just not trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil often drifts into wide areas when playing the number 10 and if his performances were significantly different to what we're currently seeing, then yes, blame Wenger.

But this is where he played for Germany and there is a reason why both coaches have shifted him wide. The German coach won the World Cup for crying out load! Was he wrong?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    On the plus side:

After years of dross has finally started signing decent defenders, Kos, Merts, Debuchy, Chambers - chances are we'll get it right with those guys.
    He'll have to change his mind on Ozil when Walcott is back, in fact he'll have to change the whole system if he wants to take advantage of the talent at his disposal.
    Turns out Ramsey is a deeply technical player, who knew? He's the guy who will end up playing left, he's perfect for it and we just have to buy a defender in January - we must.
    See previous - we must buy a defender, even Wenger knows this.
    I suspect Wenger has a long term prospect on the radar, Bender. Now that our players are staying instead of running out the door, it may only take one more transfer window to get this right.

But yes, we have demanded the players up their performances and many of them have. The manager needs to up his game too.
    Yawn.

Unfortunately the obvious might stare us right in the face but it doesn't to the one guy that matters.

'Next transfer window this, next transfer window that'. Fuck all will happen and we'll still have glaring deficiencies in our team.